Attempt on a kind of rock-sih tune :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRist
323 posts since 22 Oct, 2009 from Bandung, Indonesia

Post Thu May 06, 2021 11:23 pm

Hi all,

This tune was originally made sometimes in early 2000 using my Roland E-96. Unfortunately, the rock-ish sound of the keyboard wasn't that good, so I decided to retouch the song using new sounds. I hope this sounds good. I was and am experimenting with this tune, trying to produce a kind of rock-ish soundtrack track. I'm not a guitar and rock player by any means, so I hope it delivers (fingers crossed) :D

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/jagged

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

KVRAF
10187 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Sat May 08, 2021 1:21 pm

I couldn't decide whether the snare drum was just a little too prominent in the mix or whether it had a little too much reverb on it. I loved the swells and the chord changes 30 or 40 seconds from the end. It does have a heavier, more driving style than your other pieces, so I think it has worked out well.

Good work :)

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun May 09, 2021 8:56 am

seismic1 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:21 pm
I couldn't decide whether the snare drum was just a little too prominent in the mix or whether it had a little too much reverb on it. I loved the swells and the chord changes 30 or 40 seconds from the end. It does have a heavier, more driving style than your other pieces, so I think it has worked out well.

Good work :)
Hi Tim, yes I kinda see your point, this is my first time using that drum sound, so I guess I'm still not too familiar with it. Many thanks for listening and commenting, mate!

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

KVRAF
21947 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am

I like the tone of the snare, but it's always the same on every hit which imparts, for me, an unnatural sense of the thing

KVRAF
4972 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - The Mudway Towns

Post Sun May 09, 2021 10:24 am

Also thought the snare was a little too prominent, otherwise, very much enjoyed this :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun May 09, 2021 7:42 pm

jancivil wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am
I like the tone of the snare, but it's always the same on every hit which imparts, for me, an unnatural sense of the thing
@jancivil, many thanks! Yes, it is a bit strange since I played the drum live using my keyboard, so there should be changes in velocity.. but maybe they are not translated correctly to the VST? Will look into this :)
folderol wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:24 am
Also thought the snare was a little too prominent, otherwise, very much enjoyed this :tu:

@folderol, many thanks, mate! Yes, I will definitely look into the snare (or drums) sounds, maybe experimenting with other VSTs.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

KVRAF
21947 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Mon May 10, 2021 7:46 am

well, this is very much coming across as same velocity. A snare should be a great deal more responsive than a one-trick cymbal, something I experience on occasion.

I didn't mind its presence, I mean I don't know that's not the idea but it actually took me out of the track.

Return to “Music Cafe”