The One Synth You Somehow Still Haven't Gotten Around to Buying Yet (But Definitely Will)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got all the u-he stuff so the next on the list is to impulse buy a bunch of TAL stuff

I got around to buying it, but it took me forever to get Xfer Serum. Now I see why it’s everyone’s favorite. :o

Good to hear that you like it, as you won't be allowed to sell it. That policy-change took it off my "one day" list.

I'm looking into "Arturia Emulator II V" and I'm planning to have it. As soon as there is some discount, I think I will jump into it :D

Omnisphere or Nexus 3 with all the expansions. But I'm only going to get either of them if I rob a bank.

So probably wont ever get them
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

imrae wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:52 am Yeah, Pianoteq here as well. I'm a bit put off by their sales model: affordable crippled versions, and need to spend a lot to get more instruments. Even after dropping €400 on the "PRO" version there would be difficult decisions to make about picking only a handful of instruments from the range.
I've got pianoteq stage and a few extras. It's brilliant. I almost never use sampled pianos as a result.
The first thing you learn in life is that you're a fool. The last thing you learn is that you're the same fool. ~ Ray Bradbury.

pmj_rit wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 am
imrae wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:52 am Yeah, Pianoteq here as well. I'm a bit put off by their sales model: affordable crippled versions, and need to spend a lot to get more instruments. Even after dropping €400 on the "PRO" version there would be difficult decisions to make about picking only a handful of instruments from the range.
I've got pianoteq stage and a few extras. It's brilliant. I almost never use sampled pianos as a result.
Which 2 pianos did you pick with stage, and were they sufficient without extras? Which extras did you decide were needed?

I've used Beatzille for years, meaning always to buy the full version of Bazille and never get around to it. I think it's U-he's best synth. An update would probably push me over, but it doesn't seem likely.

.jon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:30 pm I've used Beatzille for years, meaning always to buy the full version of Bazille and never get around to it. I think it's U-he's best synth. An update would probably push me over, but it doesn't seem likely.
It is my favorite u-he synth... it has been updated a few times... new browser, etc... the recent beta with M1 support also supports the MTS-EPS tuning. And eventually there will be a v2

I'd probably like to get UVI Falcon some day.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

.jon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:30 pm I've used Beatzille for years, meaning always to buy the full version of Bazille and never get around to it. I think it's U-he's best synth. An update would probably push me over, but it doesn't seem likely.
I really don't think you'd regret it - Bazille is amazing. That said, Beatzille I think does have most of the same features, just fewer modules.
EnGee wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:00 am I'm looking into "Arturia Emulator II V" and I'm planning to have it. As soon as there is some discount, I think I will jump into it :D
Have you looked at TAL-Sampler? It's another vintage sampler emulation that I think is pretty great workflow wise, I prefer it's less skeumorphic GUI to the arturia.

From ones mentioned in this thread: Keyscape, Pianoteq and Serum, reasons for the first two are expense and Serum seems to be heavily aimed at EDM and it’s not my thing even though I’m assured it sounds great and there are a bajillion decent presets available plus I could no doubt re-use the wavetables elsewhere.

The other one I keep considering is the full BBC Symphony plugin. I own Discover, which is pretty great, but I am definitely intrigued by all those extra keyswitch options.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

MitchK1989 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:05 pm
Have you looked at TAL-Sampler? It's another vintage sampler emulation that I think is pretty great workflow wise, I prefer it's less skeumorphic GUI to the arturia.
Thanks. I need to remember it because I always forget to check it!

I have wanted Zebra since 2011/2012. I had ZebraCM since 2009, but never got around to buying Zebra until February this year. Hopefully I'll find some time to use it next month.

pdxindy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:52 pm It is my favorite u-he synth... it has been updated a few times... new browser, etc... the recent beta with M1 support also supports the MTS-EPS tuning. And eventually there will be a v2
It's had two maintenance updates in 7 years, with 5 years between 1.1 and 1.1.1. It's an exceptional synth, but (like is often the case), not as popular as some of their other products- dev resources are directed elsewhere.

Now when I think of my wishlist for Bazille 2, mainly visualization of modulation on the knob "arcs" and a few alternative filter types, I realize they aren't that important. I would gain plenty more useful things by just getting the full version :tu:

Return to “Instruments”