Most versatile build in arpegiator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Probably BluArp, but you can also set up the HY plugins like HY-MPS2 to play sequences relative to a played note and that’s powerful. Falcon, Omnisphere and Halion are probably the best arps within instruments I’ve used.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

pdxindy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:45 pm
.jon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:27 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:15 pm BlueArp is a very good VST arp and is free
Kirnu Cream is good too. Paid arp plugin.

I mostly use the Arp in Bitwig.
Lots of VST synths have good arps, but most do not output midi to use with other plugins.
Both are solid suggestions. Computer Music plugin pack includes a version of Kirnu, with very minor limitations compared to the full version. Kirnu has tighter (sample-accurate) timing, which BlueARP doesn't. Because of this BlueARP has a sort of inbuilt "humanizer", which is great for some applications and not so much for others.

Using an arp MIDI plugin means that you only need to learn one interface and you can then use it for any instrument.
Kirnu is also more of an arp and BlueArp is more sequencer...
Yeah, Kirnu is closer to a traditional arp, but I'd still probably call both phrase/pattern arps or sequencers. Most DAWs probably have a basic arpeggiator, phrase arp is the most logical and easy to use way to expand on that functionality. BUt yes, BlueARP can work really well when used like a step sequencer. It's a great plugin, anyone looking for an arp has nothing to lose trying it out!

Venomode Phrasebox is great for designing your own arps and for randomisation stuff.

Waldorf Largo has a pretty comprehensive arpeggiator.

Other than that, I mostly use BlueARP. As has been mentioned, it's more of a sequencer than an arpeggiator (even though it also has arpeggiator functionality), but, most of the time I need exactly that.

Examigan wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:02 pm Omnisphere's arp is pretty cool and the Capture function can grab the notes that you've played along with any arp settings you are using at the same time. Then you can drag the file it generates to another track in your DAW for use with other synth/sampler plugins.
I did not know this, thanks!

Examigan wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:02 pm Omnisphere's arp is pretty cool and the Capture function can grab the notes that you've played along with any arp settings you are using at the same time. Then you can drag the file it generates to another track in your DAW for use with other synth/sampler plugins.
+1. Omni's arp is my favorite of any soft synths I own.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Agreed, really like Omnisphere's arp. Program never ceases to amaze me.

Ok guys, jokes aside. It's ANA 2
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Return to “Instruments”