PeaceOne - My first live recording through AUM

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRer
17 posts since 9 May, 2021

Post Sun May 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Hey all,

This is my first pass at live recording using AUM on my iPad. I didn’t have anything written, just set up some layers and keyboard splits and hit record. For a live performance, I’m pretty happy with it. It’s not perfect, but I figured I’d share it. Still have a lot to learn about timing, mixing, levels, etc.

Not really sure how to classify it. Maybe atmospheric electronic? Thanks for taking a listen. Feedback is always welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/mark-d-387708479/peaceone

Instruments:
Korg module grand piano with a pad from Synthmaster Player for background texture.
Ruismaker fm for drums.
Magellan 2 and Phasemaker for bass/textures.
Alteza reverb on the piano, steppolyarp for the bass sequence.
Korg B2 as controller, with a few splits set up in AUM.

KVRian
522 posts since 29 Feb, 2004 from Toronto

Post Mon May 10, 2021 2:40 pm

Hi. Welcome. Pretty good overall. Levels and mixing not so bad and your piano playing was nice. The technicalities could be better, but no big deal. I only noticed a few timing blips (anticipation can get any of us, especially so when the red light is on).
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

KVRer

Topic Starter

17 posts since 9 May, 2021

Post Mon May 10, 2021 4:41 pm

Morgaxx wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 2:40 pm
Hi. Welcome. Pretty good overall. Levels and mixing not so bad and your piano playing was nice. The technicalities could be better, but no big deal. I only noticed a few timing blips (anticipation can get any of us, especially so when the red light is on).
Thanks! Yeah, no kidding, but you have to keep going, right? Recording live is about the moment. Life is messy. No re-dos ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”