My first track in 9 years?!?! Industrial, Dub, Bass, Ambient, Dirt.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Woah, it's been a long time since I posted new music on the internet. 9 years, in fact! I've been doing other things, but being at home a lot more this last year means I got the bug back, so here's what I made:

https://soundcloud.com/user-326001387/d ... ersion-two

I used to post some tracks on KVR a long time ago, so I don't imagine anyone will remember Pupilar, Cymophane or the other projects I used to release. But this is kinda half way between those two projects. Heavy Industrial Dub (so, Techno Animal, Scorn, Zonal, Bill Laswell, Kevin Martin, Ohm resistance, etc) but some Vangelis synths in there too like how Cymophane turned out. Oh yeah, it's really long too, I do that a lot.

Cheers, hope some of you enjoy.

kevingham wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am Heavy Industrial Dub (so, Techno Animal, Scorn, Zonal, Bill Laswell, Kevin Martin, Ohm resistance, etc)
Nice. :tu:

Also, this is excellent! Really great sounds and atmosphere. I hope we get to hear more. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

That's good, really nice. Funnily enough I've been listening to that old 'Isolationism' comp from the late 90s a lot recently for some reason (a lot of the artists you mention on there). This would fit well.
Last edited by GaryG on Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noice!

That's some precision noise you have there. Heavy but delicate in the details, of which there are plenty to occupy the long play time. Appreciated.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Indeed, good stuff!

kevingham wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am I don't imagine anyone will remember Pupilar
dont hate us because we're beautiful.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:13 pm
kevingham wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am I don't imagine anyone will remember Pupilar
dont hate us because we're beautiful.
Ha, wow, well remembered! That's 18 years ago I released that :o I couldn't even tell you the track titles off it anymore!

GaryG wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:31 pm That's good, really nice. Funnily enough I've been listening to that old 'Isolationism' comp from the late 90s a lot recently for some reason (a lot of the artists you mention on there). This would fit well.
I love that compilation! I bought that in the 90s at some point and got into lots of artist on there from those CDs. I think I bought it becuase Aphex Twin and Techno Animal were on there, but the whole thing is gold. Only recently did I learn that Kevin Martin had curated it, which now makes a lot of sense.

Thanks all for listening :) Good to see a few old familiar names cropping up like yourself, whyterabbyt. Hope I can chuck a few more tracks out now I'm back in the groove. Me and friend set ourselves the challenge to learn Ableton Live when the winter UK lockdown kicked in in January. Really pleased I did, I just thought it'd be fun to play about with, didn't think I'd finish anything decent. I'll try and make them shorter next time, this one got a bit carried away :D

Good noise.

Welcome back to the fray.
eh?

hey there!
i still have your cd here!!
the plastic sleeve with brown paper one :tu:

vurt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:47 pm hey there!
i still have your cd here!!
the plastic sleeve with brown paper one :tu:
Hey vurt! I was only listening to Feathers not too long ago, I think that got me to look at KVR again. I like your new modular noodlings I heard :)

Also, cheers Dunbar :tu:

:oops: feathers seems a lifetime ago now :o

glad youre enjoying the new stuff, hope to see you around a bit more now youve remembered us :hihi:

kevingham wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:01 pm Ha, wow, well remembered! That's 18 years ago I released that :o I couldn't even tell you the track titles off it anymore!
I saw 'pupilar' and thought, 'wait, I have some of that stuff'; checked and I did, including 'dont hate us...', and various other tracks. The Higher Council of Mars album was in the same folder.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Tasty stuff--really like the opening--and the rest of it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Music Cafe”