iZotope Break Tweaker and Stutter Edit in 2020?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:29 pm
commodore wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:43 pm If stutter edit goes to $10-20 I’d probably buy though.
Plugin Boutique does it at the moment...
Oh, dude, you rock!! Pulling the trigger on that - and maybe more at those prices! :o Thanks!! :)

i might buy trash2 for 9€, this is insane.
also iris2 9€ lol.
why is izotope undercutting their own shit so badly?

Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:48 pm i might buy trash2 for 9€, this is insane.
also iris2 9€ lol.
If I had to guess, then it's because their older plugins just don't sell anymore. No indication of the quality, just that they're so long on the market. Definitely makes sense to give them away then. A lot of game publishers do the same.

chk071 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:58 pm If I had to guess, then it's because their older plugins just don't sell anymore. No indication of the quality, just that they're so long on the market. Definitely makes sense to give them away then. A lot of game publishers do the same.
good guess.
I hope it's not an indication of no update. :/

Ploki wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:48 pm i might buy trash2 for 9€, this is insane.
also iris2 9€ lol.
Probably also to just get you in the iZotope door. Once you own one product then you're eligible for upgrade/crossgrade offers. That's how I got started. Trash 2 for $25, an offer to get the production suite for I don't remember but big discount then creative suite discount, and now I own all their products.

The Plugin Boutique offer on Trash2 is great. I already own it but might buy it just for the two AAS packs which are normally $40 or $20 when on sale. Or look for something cheap that I don't already have that has the AAS offer.

Picked up stutter edit and break tweaker! They are worth it for this price, and the two free AAS packs that can be used with my VA-3 plugin are a huge bonus!

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Got iris and trash and carbon for 8 bucks. Wasn’t really in the market but screw it. I will say that SE 2 is my new goto for non random glitchy stuff over artillery 2.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

yeah i also bought SE2. it's cool. don't use it as much as i thought i would

iZotope BreakTweaker Expanded on sale for $9.99 USD!
https://rekkerd.org/izotope-breaktweake ... -9-99-usd/
Bitwig Certified Trainer

BreakTweaker is an incredibly useful plugin. It doesn't have to be used for drums only. Load up all kinds of vocal samples or digital artifact noises that can be used for glitchy percussion. It has not ended up being a one-trick pony in my estimation. Good stuff!!

I got BT (the plugin, not the artist!) for way cheap and it really is the do-all drum machine. Samples, synths, micro-edits, sequences, etc. What I don't like about it is the incredibly tiny GUI and how everything is crammed in and paged. A more modern, enlightened GUI would really help. That, and ease off a bit on the CPU usage! :lol:

I'm also sort of worried it'll never see a Mac M1 update.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:57 pm
I am worried too. Izotope and Softube are the ones that disappoint me in this respect.

FotoxBr wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:50 pm
syntonica wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:57 pm
I am worried too. Izotope and Softube are the ones that disappoint me in this respect.
Softube, just like as all iLok plugins, is held back by iLok going native.
Since iZotope is optionally iLok (and so is i.e. Celemony), i assume they have the same build with Pace dependencies for non-ilok copy protection.

Stutter edit has 1 major setback the developers didn't anticipate...
You use it after all the tracks are down. So if you have several vsti and effects hogging up cpu THEN use stutter edit as a post production tool on top of all that your computer will max out or crash. So its kinda useless. I haven't been able to do anything with it for that reason.

Return to “Instruments”