late 80s LA/BabyFace strings

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

K-Bee wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:50 pm Having a Mirage library in Kontakt would be awesome :-)

Rhythmic Robot Sahara (Ensoniq Mirage Library for NI Kontakt)

That's the ticket!!!

I´ve heard Romors that you can find Links to the Emax II Libs here ...https://forum.vintagesynth.com/viewtopi ... 8&start=45

Don´t know if that is the Way to go but those Strings sound pretty much like 12 Bit. Or maybe even 8!

GRUMP wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:04 pm I´ve heard Romors that you can find Links to the Emax II Libs here ...https://forum.vintagesynth.com/viewtopi ... 8&start=45

Don´t know if that is the Way to go but those Strings sound pretty much like 12 Bit. Or maybe even 8!
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

There’s an Emax II library I got on here. A free one.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:23 pm There’s an Emax II library I got on here. A free one.
Free sf2. Links to free Kontakt Lib can also be found in this Forum.

The Sounds are really amazing and finally made me get Decimort 😉

If you've got a weekend free, you can also use Awave Studio to rip the sound data directly from Mirage disk images and create SoundFonts from them. I'm in the process of converting some of my favorite Mirage sounds into patches for TAL-sampler using this process.

The resampling algorithms in TAL-Sampler aren't as dirty as the Mirage of course, but by playing with the filters you can get very close to the original tone, with the option to open the filter all the way up and hear all those crunchy high harmonics that the Mirage filters out.

I like this method as it gives more control over the sound then I'd get from a Kontakt library, and being able to layer and pan sounds is a big plus. Sure beats tweaking in hexadecimal too.

It does require the Mirage discs though. I don't have those but and I'm unaware whether they exist online. I'll investigate :-)

Return to “Sound Design”