Modal plugin: anyone gotten it to work?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently got a Skulpt and it's great, except I can't get the modal plugin (VST3) to work properly in any host. I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten it working?

I'm on W10 64bit, tried Mixcraft 9, Ableton Lite 10, and MPC Software. Current versions all.

I can get the synth to sync up to the plugin and midi in lights up. The problem is no midi seems to pass through the synth so no sounds are produced. The midi out never lights up.

It's not a deal breaker as I can just make a standard midi track in my hosts, but it would be nice if this worked for better editing

I don't really have any technical problems using this plug-in with the Argon8 and Bitwig. My issue with this plug-in is that it renders the Argon8 unavailable as a MIDI input device for other instruments if using the Modal plug-in for control of the synth, so I don't really end up using it.
A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

Ahh, maybe this means another controller is needed to trigger notes. Not a big deal with Skulpt, but I get your frustration with an Argon8. I'll test and update here later on.

Modal Plugin works OK for me with both Skulpt and Craft Synth 2.0, at least in Orion. haven't tried them in Cubase or Studio One yet.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Is it possible to stream the output of the Modal Plugin of Argon8 back to the DAW?

At least with Bitwig it did not work for me. It tried to use the output of the Modal Plugin as an input of an audio track, but no signal. Second it was also not possible to bounce it.

Did you make sure that the "Note" midi filter at the top of the window is turned off?

The plugin doesn't make any sound and the Argon 8 doesn't send audio over USB. You need to record the output from your Argon 8 into an audio track. i.e. Connect the Argon 8's outputs to the inputs on your audio I/O device and record that to an audio track.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The plugin doesn't make any sound and the Argon 8 doesn't send audio over USB
Too bad. I thought the Argon 8 is streaming via USB to the plug-in. Thanks for the clarification!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”