Thermo - great new sound source from Sonic-lab

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another wonder from Sinan https://www.sonic-lab.com/thermo/

Not convinced by the videos, I thought I'd try the demo but it just gives me:

"Plugin host died: Could not read async reply: End of stream: Broken pipe"

foosnark wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:28 am Not convinced by the videos, I thought I'd try the demo but it just gives me:

"Plugin host died: Could not read async reply: End of stream: Broken pipe"
redownload - all good now, great sound

yawn...it makes weird noises. whooptie doo.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

The stupid floating graphic on the site stops you seeing the dropdown menus

yay!...it makes weird noises. whooptie doo!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:35 am
each oscillator engine checks its environment conditions and takes decisions, “self regulates”, in reaction to these changes applied by the stochastic modulators or by the user through some perturbations called the injections into the system...

The enjeux between regulations and perturbations is exactly the uniqueness of Thermo taking you to unheard sonic territories....

The entrophy of the Thermo engine is something perceive at all times [sic]. Thermo is the perfect synthesizer at the waveform level ( not arranging discrete events ) which finally does not express only static / interference waveforms but also a mass movement of a complex sonic structure within certain controllable margins...
What the hell is this blurb man, lol.
Often referred to as "word salad" there are AI programs dedicated to specific languages, such as "New Age speak" for example, that can invent pseudo-intellectual stews like this one. Here is an example:
http://wisdomofchopra.com/ :wink:

Erisian wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:51 am
each oscillator engine checks its environment conditions and takes decisions, “self regulates”, in reaction to these changes applied by the stochastic modulators or by the user through some perturbations called the injections into the system...

The enjeux between regulations and perturbations is exactly the uniqueness of Thermo taking you to unheard sonic territories....

The entrophy of the Thermo engine is something perceive at all times [sic]. Thermo is the perfect synthesizer at the waveform level ( not arranging discrete events ) which finally does not express only static / interference waveforms but also a mass movement of a complex sonic structure within certain controllable margins...
Often referred to as "word salad" there are AI programs dedicated to specific languages, such as "New Age speak" for example, that can invent pseudo-intellectual stews like this one. Here is an example:
hahaha great link! fits perfectly with the sloganizer website :D
Deepak Chopra: "Existence results from subjective possibilities"
Sloganizer: «Things go better with Existence.»

anttimaatteri wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:49 am

Seems pretty straightforward to me and i would think to anyone with a background in dynamics and composition. Making fun of Sinan's description, seems a little reactive and dumb to me. He can scarcely be held responsible for your ignorance, nor even can you.

anttimaatteri wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:49 am

I have never come across Sloganizer before. It advised me to "free contrafibularities" Great advice! I would like one dedicated to the junk phrases people use on LinkedIn to sell themselves to employers and/or get business. "I am burning with passion for capitalized sustainability" for example. :hihi:

fairlyclose wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:57 am
Seems pretty straightforward to me and i would think to anyone with a background in dynamics and composition. Making fun of Sinan's description, seems a little reactive and dumb to me. He can scarcely be held responsible for your ignorance, nor even can you.
Then he needs to think intelligently in order to realize that not everybody has a background in dynamics and composition. Is he not trying to sell to mr and mrs Joe Average musician?

Erisian wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:03 pm Is he not trying to sell to mr and mrs Joe Average musician?
No, I dont think you are his market at all.

fairlyclose wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:06 pm
Erisian wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:03 pm Is he not trying to sell to mr and mrs Joe Average musician?
No, I dont think you are his market at all.
Then he probably doesn't have a market other than you. BTW, a sense of humour sometimes helps on KVR. Lighten up.

Woah - $96 for something that just makes grating noises???!!! Good luck to him!

Return to “Instruments”