Cherry Audio Releases PS-20 Polyphonic Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:04 pm Once you invest in VM then picking these up as modules rather than a stand alone is great value and very flexible....
Agree wholeheartedly with this. :tu:

Also agree with the comments regarding the knob numbers and overly wide radiating lines. The resultant clutter, is very visually distracting.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Lol, they're cheap enough that I usually just but the VM modules AND the standalone ones just out of convenience.
Thanks! Earlier I clicked on another product then clicked on the manufacturer name to bring up all their products and it showed Eight Voice as the newest release for some reason. Cheers!

next one would be a DX 7 or a 303 emu i think :D (if they released full synth version of their module )
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

They also did a really nice vector synth as modules only- I can see that making a standalone...

https://youtu.be/gI2lkDaknVs
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

jonalyn wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:18 am next one would be a DX 7 or a 303 emu i think :D (if they released full synth version of their module )
Isn't the FM synth module 4 operators "only"? Maybe a TX81Z/DX11?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lots of talk of the GUI, which seems ok to me. The sound is the most important thing, so I'm curious how it stacks up against the real thing. Not one that anyone has done right yet IMO. Haven't been super impressed with the other Cherry analog emulations so far but may give it a spin.

How do they manage to release synths which people like every 2,3 months while for other companies (u-he, synapse audio) it's taking 2,3 years ? seems to me that people are really pleased with how the synths sound, so where it the catch ? is there a catch at all ?

SLiC wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:37 am They also did a really nice vector synth as modules only- I can see that making a standalone...

what hardware synth it is ?
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

nirm123 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:15 pm How do they manage to release synths which people like every 2,3 months while for other companies (u-he, synapse audio) it's taking 2,3 years ? seems to me that people are really pleased with how the synths sound, so where it the catch ? is there a catch at all ?
The guys from u-he and Synapse are just lazy, that’ s the catch :hihi:

nirm123 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:15 pm How do they manage to release synths which people like every 2,3 months while for other companies (u-he, synapse audio) it's taking 2,3 years ? seems to me that people are really pleased with how the synths sound, so where it the catch ? is there a catch at all ?
they already had an emulation of the MS-20, as modules. so.. even polyphonic modules. and the esp processor. that bundle is also now extended with the EG, quite necessary for the sound..

the DCO 106, was (and is..) also available as module(s), like a the main part of the CA2600.
the polymode, the module version is almost the same.. but exist also for some time..

only the eight voice was new, except the filter, that was designed by MRB, Mark Barton. module and vst instrument came out at the same time.

the ARP 2500, one month ago, was build from the ground up, or better the VM2500, in modules for Voltage Modular, but mainly MRB/Mark Barton, programmed it, or was the main developer.

so, i have my criticism sometimes, although i use Voltage Modular extensively. and like it, can get great results. criticism is more to make it better...

but the instruments they put out, were in a way already prepared.

so for each instrument there is counterpart in modules, except the polymode, that is one big module, o yes the DCO 106, the same..

so the developing time is longer than you notice, if you don't follow Voltage Modular.

the ARP2500/VM2500 can also end as an VST instrument perhaps, but i doubt it, can be wrong.

jonalyn wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:45 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:37 am They also did a really nice vector synth as modules only- I can see that making a standalone...

what hardware synth it is ?
I don't think its anything specific, generic...original!?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

simmo75 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:20 am Cherry’s GUI’s always look so low res and blurry on my iMac Pro, I like the sound of this though.
They really need to sort our their GUI’s... Come on Cherry, sort it out!
Agreed. Their GUIs look like something from 2003 to me and that's a shame since the synths are quite nice especially for the price.

Like you said so lo res and blurry.

PS 20 051421-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

IMO, the modeling is not to the same level as those other ones. I listened to this PS-20 and sounded fairly generic to me, like the others.

I haven't bought any of the synths, but they are great 'modules' in a voltage modular rack, that is where you can do more interesting things and normally there is quite a lot more going on than just an oscillator and a filter....

Voltage Modular Nucleus is FREE and comes with 22 modules, just get this and buy the modules...much more flexible and Voltage Modular loads as a VST (or standalone)

https://cherryaudio.com/free + https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/ms-vintage-bundle = $29

Return to “Instruments”