Enough vintage already. How about some "Modern" synth suggestions?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
7302 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Sat May 15, 2021 4:17 am

Lot's of great modern synths (hybrids, not trying to recreate the past)....Rapid, Phase Plant, Hive, Pigments, MassiveX etc, all next generation really...lots of modular options as well 'roll your own' with VM. VCV, Reaktor Blocks...never been a better time for hybrid and modular...

As for making VST's of modern synths...lots of suggestions (the last 2 I own as hardware!)...particularly as modern systems are often largely or exclusively digital so sound sound very similar to the hardware...

UDO Super6
Waldorf Iridium (I would pay good money for an official Waldorf VST of this....)
ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Wavestate

and STILL no one has done the Roland V Synth or the Virus TI but I guess that cant be described as modern anymore!
PC, Studio One, BWS, Live, FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths, Drum Machines + Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars & Basses

KVRAF
2432 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Sat May 15, 2021 4:02 pm

A synth is a synth.

Its not the size (or style) that counts, but what you do with it... :wink:
Windows10; plugins from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cakewalk, Cherry, DiscoDSP, Fathom, IKM, Initial, iZotope, KV331, NI, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Surge, TAL, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, UVI, Vital, Waves, XLN ...

KVRist
391 posts since 4 Nov, 2011 from Tleat

Post Sun May 16, 2021 7:44 am

zzz00m wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:02 pm
A synth is a synth.

Its not the size (or style) that counts, but what you do with it... :wink:
what you might do with inheres in it.
Brzzzzzzt.

Return to “Instruments”