"Just Noise" by Call for Submission (90s-style instrumental electro-industrial a little like Mentallo & The Fixer)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mostly make music for myself as a hobby. Every once in a rare while I try to actually finish something! :D

The way I force myself to stop tinkering is to submit the song for publishing.

A couple weeks ago, I was trying out the new Quartz mode of Valhalla Delay on Hive2, as well as the new Fuse Audio Dozer-Drive I'd bought on some drum samples, and... it ended up sounding a vaguely like what I remembered of Mentallo & The Fixer from their album, Where Angels Fear to Tread. So I sampled a movie myself, and threw some those in, as well. Vital and Hive 2 blended for strings, Repro-1 for the bassline. There's also some Digitone sprinkled in as sound effects. Song ended up being just over 3 minutes.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1vYM0aq5 ... 070ce94aa9

(EDIT: I just finished the Bandcamp link now, so here's an alternative)

https://callforsubmission.bandcamp.com/track/just-noise
Last edited by vitocorleone123 on Sun May 16, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Got a non-spotify link? Sounds like something I'd like, but I don't use spotify.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

synthgeek wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:13 pm Got a non-spotify link? Sounds like something I'd like, but I don't use spotify.
Yes! Thanks for the interest :tu:

I'd just had word that it was on Spotify so I started there. I've since added it to my Bandcamp page and added the link above.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:23 pm Yes! Thanks for the interest :tu:
Nice, cheers! I am indeed really digging this, definitely getting the Mentallo & The Fixer vibe. The bassline has a bit of a slightly-more-modern feeling I think, kinda makes me think of something like mid-era Numb? Whatever, cool stuff for sure! :tu:
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

synthgeek wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:18 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:23 pm Yes! Thanks for the interest :tu:
Nice, cheers! I am indeed really digging this, definitely getting the Mentallo & The Fixer vibe. The bassline has a bit of a slightly-more-modern feeling I think, kinda makes me think of something like mid-era Numb? Whatever, cool stuff for sure! :tu:
Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”