"Just Noise" by Call for Submission (90s-style instrumental electro-industrial a little like Mentallo & The Fixer)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRian
907 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Post Sun May 16, 2021 9:29 am

I mostly make music for myself as a hobby. Every once in a rare while I try to actually finish something! :D

The way I force myself to stop tinkering is to submit the song for publishing.

A couple weeks ago, I was trying out the new Quartz mode of Valhalla Delay on Hive2, as well as the new Fuse Audio Dozer-Drive I'd bought on some drum samples, and... it ended up sounding a vaguely like what I remembered of Mentallo & The Fixer from their album, Where Angels Fear to Tread. So I sampled a movie myself, and threw some those in, as well. Vital and Hive 2 blended for strings, Repro-1 for the bassline. There's also some Digitone sprinkled in as sound effects. Song ended up being just over 3 minutes.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1vYM0aq5 ... 070ce94aa9

(EDIT: I just finished the Bandcamp link now, so here's an alternative)

https://callforsubmission.bandcamp.com/track/just-noise
Last edited by vitocorleone123 on Sun May 16, 2021 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

KVRAF
2448 posts since 18 May, 2002 from up on Cripple Creek (CO)

Post Sun May 16, 2021 10:13 am

Got a non-spotify link? Sounds like something I'd like, but I don't use spotify.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Take music back from the suits and return it to the people.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sun May 16, 2021 10:23 am

synthgeek wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:13 am
Got a non-spotify link? Sounds like something I'd like, but I don't use spotify.
Yes! Thanks for the interest :tu:

I'd just had word that it was on Spotify so I started there. I've since added it to my Bandcamp page and added the link above.

KVRAF
2448 posts since 18 May, 2002 from up on Cripple Creek (CO)

Post Sun May 16, 2021 11:18 am

vitocorleone123 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:23 am
Nice, cheers! I am indeed really digging this, definitely getting the Mentallo & The Fixer vibe. The bassline has a bit of a slightly-more-modern feeling I think, kinda makes me think of something like mid-era Numb? Whatever, cool stuff for sure! :tu:
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Take music back from the suits and return it to the people.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sun May 16, 2021 11:45 am

synthgeek wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:18 am
vitocorleone123 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:23 am
Nice, cheers! I am indeed really digging this, definitely getting the Mentallo & The Fixer vibe. The bassline has a bit of a slightly-more-modern feeling I think, kinda makes me think of something like mid-era Numb? Whatever, cool stuff for sure! :tu:
Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”