MPowerSynth or MSoundFactoryLE

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
191 posts since 10 Feb, 2017

Post Sun May 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Hi, I see that Melda Production MPowerSynth is on sale for a little while today. It can be upgraded to MSoundFactory; and MSoundFactoryLE can be upgraded to MSoundFactory as well.

I fail to see where the price upgrades are located, but I am wondering which one would be a better deal or if they are the same deal to upgrade ($117 for MPowerSynth today or $116 for LE).

I guess I am curious also which one would be better for getting into the action using the presets to make music rather than do sound design right away.

EDIT: Or just buy MSoundFactory for $234

KVRist
48 posts since 12 Nov, 2019

Post Sun May 16, 2021 1:59 pm

If you mainly use the presets I would say LE. As far as I know it contains not only the MPowerSynth presets (which are part of MSoundFactoy) but also all the other MSF presets that you won’t find in MPS.

KVRAF
4470 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Sun May 16, 2021 2:02 pm

if you are buying presets use soundfactory. powersynth is an oscillator synth, and sound factory is a sample based instrument, like Kontakt instruments.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun May 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Ok, thanks. But if I am going to ultimately buy the MSoundFactory, which upgrade is cheaper if at all one is cheaper. Right now MPowerSynth is on sale for today so is that cheaper for an upgrade? It is $117 at the moment.

KVRAF
4470 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Sun May 16, 2021 2:39 pm

let me put it another way to you. if you are skimping on cash, buying sample instruments is not cost affective. its a "pay as you go" situation. i have no idea what each instrument costs on initial purchase. i bought powersynth long before soundfactory,

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun May 16, 2021 2:55 pm

Dasheesh wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:39 pm
let me put it another way to you. if you are skimping on cash, buying sample instruments is not cost affective. its a "pay as you go" situation. i have no idea what each instrument costs on initial purchase. i bought powersynth long before soundfactory,
I am merely looking for the better deal on an upgrade. That is my only question at this point, if there is a better deal. MPowerSynth is on sale today only until the Eternal Sale comes back to it (I am assuming that's how it works), and MSoundFactoryLE can upgrade to MSoundFactory. I am looking to upgrade to SoundFactory when I desire to do so. Not really concerned with what each instrument has to offer- I will play around until I upgrade.

Return to “Instruments”