What are you (re)Learning?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Children of the Grave bassline.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I've been watching a lot of old westerns on tv, so I'm relearning cowboy chords.

What exactly are cowboy chords? Open C, G, D?
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Exactly
Maybe Dylan once had a definition for it.

Seriously though it's just chords with open strings.

Mainly I'm relearning some altered scales and the weird sounding chord progressions that come from them.

I've been trying to mix up my playing as I'm bored with my current skillset. Which is why not only I'm studying Travis Picking but also... smooth jazz.

The smooth jazz stuff is sticking a bit better than the travis picking.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

ProSeller385 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:46 am Jazz Standards, so good!
I love jazz standards. I almost know hundreds of them. Reading sheet music is a blessing and a curse. Sure I can pull out a standard and be satisfied with my performance in short order but take the sheet away and I'm always forgetting bits and pieces. I need to get back into busking.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I'm re-learning to use common kitchen scissors.

No guitar practice for at least a week :dog:

Guitar solos that I know but play incorrectly (ex: Paranoid, comfortably numb etc.). I play the right notes, but something is off i.e. small issues with timing and bending slightly off pitch etc. etc. All these little things add up and make the whole solo sound bad - trust me it sounded good to my ears a few months ago. (I guess I just wanted to check them off my bucket list at that time :)) . In the process I jumped the gun and learnt them without understanding and really learning the basics . Now that I have a real instructor to help me with technique, I'm going back and relearning them very slowly. I am not trying to learn to recreate the solos to be exactly how they were recorded, but trying to come up with my version of them with the right techniques!

Hendrix double stops and runs. Every time I go back to them, there's something to do better, whether it's accuracy or feel. Or just plain going off on improvisation for an hour, sprinkling them in.
Have I mentioned I love my new axe? :hyper:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”