vurt - pet sounds. (not really pets, zoo animals, farm animals and some wild birds)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oooh. I like this one.

vurt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:00 pm
ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:40 pm Good Vibrations dude! 🙄
wrong album! :hihi:
Wags is right though... Nearly blew my head off...turned my studio monitors down (Spinal Tap wise) to about - 1!
as with wags, i can only apologise :oops:
What I assume is a donkey braying? That is awesome!!!
see my reply to wags for a comprehensive list of the animals i messed up :D

thanks for listening :D
Seen the list of animals - thanks!

Yeah, I know it's not on that album...just a really crap joke...should've resisted! :)

Would you believe that Pet Sounds was a set work for A Level Music Tech a few years ago! An 'interesting' choice!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

vurt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:58 pm not seen you around much lately either, good to see youre alive and kicking :tu:
I've actually been listening to your tracks as you post them, just not commenting. They're always something different, so I like putting them on and then zoning out.

hi vurt,
i grew up on a farm. but no animal has ever screamed like this.
what have you done? :borg: :o
that will haunt me the next few nights.

ah, btw. my neighbor was pissed because my speaker exploded and flew into their kitchen and burned their toast... the poor ones have nothing to eat, now. :help: :lol: :-D
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

elxsound wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:29 pm Oooh. I like this one.
cheers :)

this is the kind of thing you can do now :hihi:

the combo of these 3 alone is so much fun!

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:46 pm
vurt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:00 pm
ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:40 pm Good Vibrations dude! 🙄
wrong album! :hihi:
Wags is right though... Nearly blew my head off...turned my studio monitors down (Spinal Tap wise) to about - 1!
as with wags, i can only apologise :oops:
What I assume is a donkey braying? That is awesome!!!
see my reply to wags for a comprehensive list of the animals i messed up :D

thanks for listening :D
Seen the list of animals - thanks!

Yeah, I know it's not on that album...just a really crap joke...should've resisted! :)

Would you believe that Pet Sounds was a set work for A Level Music Tech a few years ago! An 'interesting' choice!
ill let you off because it was still brians band then :tu:

only other "act" to record in brians studio? for 100 points!!!

(clue: all tapes were destroyed, when said "band" were connected with a particular crime).

we did sgt peppers at btech, id have much preferred pet sounds tbh, being from near liverpool, i was sick of the beatles before i was 5 :lol:
it was as much a part of my early musical education as the hymns from church. singing when im 64 for assembly :lol:

now i actually think about it, im pretty sure miss yeoman (infant music teacher) only ever played all creatures great and small, and when im 64 in all the time i was at infants :o
i also hate recorder renditions of when im 64, despite not remembering hearing one since leaving infants...

you weren't there man! :cry:

sjm wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 pm
vurt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:58 pm not seen you around much lately either, good to see youre alive and kicking :tu:
I've actually been listening to your tracks as you post them, just not commenting. They're always something different, so I like putting them on and then zoning out.
:hihi: funnily enough, that's what i do when im recording!

which is where the length comes from :lol:

tomtom1 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:15 pm hi vurt,
i grew up on a farm. but no animal has ever screamed like this.
what have you done? :borg: :o
that will haunt me the next few nights.
i was never on your farm :evil: had i been, they would have screamed :evil:
:o noooo i love animals!
ok, i do eat some, but i wouldn't needlessly hurt them, not even for art! :hihi:
ah, btw. my neighbor was pissed because my speaker exploded and flew into their kitchen and burned their toast... the poor ones have nothing to eat, now. :help: :lol: :-D
ive blown many speakers, never killed toast before though, so that's a point for me :D

thanks for listening 8)

Nice incidental rhythms throughout. Were all three modules clocked together?

Factory sounds from the Orion star system.
Artificial biosphere on a planet populated by earth's scientists with robotic intelligence.
Generative musak from the year 4028...

justin3am wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:29 pm Nice incidental rhythms throughout. Were all three modules clocked together?
iirc, (things change) i was experimenting, using the mimeophone as master clock, to knit rider, using that to trigger the on/off in data bender.
nothing else was clocked as such, only trigger on morphagene, was to scroll through samples at random intervals.

then obviously that master clock changes with delay time, which was sequenced through malekko, which was clocked from knit rider also.
i like using knit rider as a clock divider type thing as i can obviously mess with timings a little using the beats and changing lengths of the sequences :)

thanks for listening 8)

frank1985 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:13 pm Factory sounds from the Orion star system.
Artificial biosphere on a planet populated by earth's scientists with robotic intelligence.
Generative musak from the year 4028...
nice image! :borg:

thanks for listening :)

vurt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:54 pm
... donkey, sheep, lion, crows, some birds who i dont know the names of and a robin, goats, a jaguar and cows and pigs. theres also some people in one, zoo was busy, and a dog in the cows.
but yes, all pretty much chewed up beyond recognition :D
I didn't realise pigs and cows were carnivores, but I do now. And I thought 2020 was strange.
vurt wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:47 pm
only other "act" to record in brians studio? for 100 points!!!

(clue: all tapes were destroyed, when said "band" were connected with a particular crime).
Manson (not Marilyn)

At around 29 minutes there is a particularly eerie section, whose contributing ensemble I would not like to make a guess at, but particularly enjoyed.

Good work :)

This is seriously loud! loudnesspenalty.com says YouTube and Spotify would turn this down by 6 dB.

This is also rather harsh. I will come back to this when I am in the right frame of mind.

Frantz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:52 am This is seriously loud! loudnesspenalty.com says YouTube and Spotify would turn this down by 6 dB.

This is also rather harsh. I will come back to this when I am in the right frame of mind.
frantz, honestly, don't feel obligated to listen. i listen to your stuff because i know it will be something i enjoy.
i certainly never comment on someone else with any expectations to return the favour.
aside from, not everyone has the time i do to listen here, my stuff (often) isn't the most "pleasant" listen, and most definitely not everyone's cup of tea :)

but i do appreciate you at least trying, if you do keep popping in to my threads, you never know with me, one day i may drop something more like regular music :hihi: (it has been known)

really not sure what is happening regards the levels though, as i said to wags and mark, it never clips or even comes close, and it's not slamming a limiter. it is recorded to be loud (grrr in your face noise) but the meters are all below 0, and samplitudes lufs meter never complained. also, doesn't sound any louder when played back next to my other stuff, from the internet, i don't need to turn down the amp?
i tried the internet, because i was wondering if the upload had messed it up, but still no clue?
apologies for any shock/damage to sanity! :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”