Put my Monoprice tube amp and Les Paul to first test, a blues cover

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got my Monoprice Indio 66 deluxe plus guitar today and bought it because I really love their little 15 watt Tube amp I got last month. So I did a cover of the old classic "Loan Me a Dime" I used my cheap Behringer 57 clone mic and my large diaphragm condenser to mic my bass guitar too and just ran the bass right in the guitar amp and I really like the sound of the bass better than the DI I have been using. The pramp is the Art dual channel Tube pre.
This song is darn near 10 minutes so you have to be a real blues lover to stick it out, lol. But I am really happy with these Monoprice products, especially the bass. The new guitar needed a fret level which took me hours today and I did the blues in about 3 hours after that. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/user-281809016/loan-me-a-dime

Nice, I listened to it all. What's not to like? Great playing, tones and vocals.
I would have liked the guitars further back to allow the vocals to be more present. Maybe pulling back 1-4khz? (I'm still learning and not that good at mixing)
It's screaming for a lush Hammond.

It goes to show that great music can be created on a budget. :tu:
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

very nice, style and technique you got. sweet tone on the lead, where did you place the mic.
high fives!!

Return to “Music Cafe”