tempus fugit 10-2020 piano/orch/drums/bass

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chaotic, nice arrangement.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Eich, there's that word again

Thanks tho :)

jancivil wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:51 pm Eich, there's that word again

Thanks tho :)
:borg:
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Oh, I have chaotic. Jesus, the thing I'm working on, well, one of them, is BRUTAL. and there's no help for it
this Absynth patch you may download the atrocity is chaotic.

Anyway, I'm splitting this popsicle stand for a bit, the way things are run here

jancivil wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:41 pm
where is Burgh, anyhoo, Chris of Burgh
"Burgh" is outside my back door, smoking a cigarette, in late December, without a jacket, wearing shorts.

I listened to "Bugs Lunaire." I wouldn't call it chaotic. It has its own internal logic and sounds purposeful to me.

Quite accomplished as usual. :tu:

jancivil wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:52 am oh yeah, Absynth. ghostly and alien in a new way for me
Some oldie now it is. Seems to be your weapon of choice in the synth department?
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Absynth is in many ways unlike other synths. Its use of space is already different, so this 'electroacoustical' mixing I'm doing is integral with that L/Middle/R three worlds basis. it's essentially 3 stereo synths of 1 osc and two more modules (filter, freq shifter, ring mod or waveshaper) and I control the channel levels with CC, so there is a submix inside it.

This Fugue State thing I'm remixing (drums replacement and cet) has a lead line on Equator which is probably not happening on anything else as well. Equator 2 is simply nuts. But it's the greediest plugin in the known universe with everything turned on, which seems to have been the case with the first preset I picked out. Worse than Absynth (my own patches contain the unknowable, on purpose), I understand like 10% of the patch, but what I do grok I have good command of, on top of knowing enough to be turning shit off.

Also I use things like the Glassworks of SonicCouture as a synth because they're heavy into filters and filter eq, and velocity. Electroacoustical. VSL has made many FX in the last few years, so even that may be electroacoustical in nature

jancivil wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:01 pm Equator 2 is simply nuts.
Do you use roli seaboard then?
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

I used to. Lost it. I use a Sensel now. Almost haven't used 2, this patch was amazing but in an orchestral project a hard row to hoe. I had started something 'chamber', set it aside because something else was imminent, by the time I came back the arrangement had put on a lot of weight. On less machine than I have I'da had to separate the two.
it's built on samples, it's a long envelope kind of monstrosity with all of this BREATH going on.

That patch doesn't appear until this, which I just got to sound right because the drums were weak in the same way as tempus fugit.
These two stand alone but Fugue State is like the second part of tempus fugit, I was in the same mood, so it's the same scene but different action.

Fugue State HD version processing at Youtube.

The Equator in this doesn't use any MPE. One of the things was about as weird as it gets, different velocities gave whole new pitches, and it was no kind of linear anything, and it was based on maybe the overtone series randomized.
It was the Tritave! :scared:

I didn't investigate as I don't think knowing that craziness would be good for anything but using up time thinking about abstract stuff, it was going to be all ear anyway. but it had this sound, flute from another planet but very emergent. the sound of pressure

So you can spend hours just making evolving patches with Absynth then? Are there times when it runs a tune/soundscape all alone?

I haven't since like 2006. In those days I was fortunate to get one instance up and get a thing done.
What am I gon' do, AMBIENT? I turned those (except one, which was pure. Skybed I think it was called. Pretty good too. I wonder if I have a decent render anywhere.) into other things, with action.
I like winds and drums and solid things. There's more interest than anyone knows in the Absynth part of the show but there's all the other interest, it kind of weaves and winds around.

HD for this one [Fugue State w better drums mix] still processing. Which takes like a day for the 3840 pixel deal, which forces the Opus codec on YT.
https://youtu.be/Xz49xQgdyJ0

Return to “Music Cafe”