Stereo synth VST like UDO Super 6

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
236 posts since 8 Jan, 2015

Post Tue May 18, 2021 4:40 am

UDO Super 6 is the best sounding synth I have heard, and by quite some margin.

Big shame then that the binaural mode only has 6 voices. I am wondering if there is anything similar in VST land. Obviously it won't sound as good but I can't be limited to 6 voices.

So is there any VSTs known for stereo shenanigans?

KVRAF
4090 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue May 18, 2021 6:36 am

Reaktor and the use of the voice info module or any other vst that let's you control the placement of each individual voice in the stereo field , or something like that .
The reason why the supersix sounds so awesome is not just because of the binaural thing , but more the sum off it's parts
SSI filter (ressurected SSM ) , super high res Mhz osc, modulation capabilities etc..
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

KVRer
25 posts since 21 Sep, 2020

Post Tue May 18, 2021 3:15 pm

Just checked UDO Super 6 manual and some reviews. The binaural mode seems to be pretty much the same as stereo modulation in Vital synth.
In Vital you can modulate pitch, osc phase, filter, volume, etc with LFOs. The LFO 'Stereo' control is same as the 'LR Phase' control in UDO Super 6. Max polyphony in Vital is 32 voices.

KVRAF
4483 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Wed May 19, 2021 8:18 am

glad you have an appreciation for the hardware, but if you want to do it in software, i would personally just load 2 tracks of something like strobe 2 or lush 101. make one the left channel, the other one the right, and then sum them with a mid side processor. 💁🏻‍♂️

KVRAF
7651 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Wed May 19, 2021 5:00 pm

there are plenty of stereo enhancer FX vsts you can put behind any VST synth :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

KVRAF
10991 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Wed May 19, 2021 9:06 pm

It doesn’t do the binaural thing, but when I first heard the Super 6 I felt like it really reminded me of the System 8 native engine. Run two instances of that and offset a bunch of parameters. Of course you miss out on the wavetables.

That said, you’ll never get there from here. Not really. I tried that when I first heard the Modal 002... I even spent a bunch of time trying to emulate it. I got close with Divergence (which also does cool stereo tricks) but not really and I had to have the antialiasing all the way up and that made the voice count crap. Long story short, I got the 002 and I’m super happy I did.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”