Arctic Summer (Ambient/Rock/Post Rock)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This track has ambient elements interspersed by a more rock / post rock oriented style. I called it Arctic Summer as that's the image the opening whammy-bar riff conjured up for me. 8) I’d really love some feedback! :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/fc1985/arctic-su ... RASGdavjLK

https://youtu.be/7geNvx2KuGI
Last edited by frank1985 on Wed May 19, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cool, I like it.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

It started off in a contemplative mood and then made a surprise turn into heavier rock without losing the atmosphere and vibe of the opening. Cool guitars and drums throughout. Great mix.

Excellent overall!

the twang at the beginning gave me a chuckle, then it busted into a more classic rock vibe im more
familiar with. its a good solid piece of music for the most part, only quib being that it kinda ended a little abruptly. imho. good production too.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Great atmosphere and production!
Yamaha HS7 - HD600 - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Akai MPK261
www.soundcloud.com/frozen_orb
www.facebook.com/frozenorbmusic

Thanks for the listen fellas - glad the production's up to scratch.

I added a visual https://youtu.be/7geNvx2KuGI

arctic summer, is that even a thing? like a winter in the tropic? :)
I like the atmosphere, phasing guitars, always great. the middle was a nice suprise!

Jesse Gorter wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:53 pm arctic summer, is that even a thing?
its the bit with actual daylight :hihi:

nice post rock feel, once it kicks in!
8)

Like it. The arrangement etc., very good.
Enjoyed the vibe.
Seems you were aiming at a wide track, I got a lot of independent sounds in L or R, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm still trying to work out if I liked those hard L or R panned sounds.

Yeah i'm second guessing myself on those wide sounds... They maybe just need more processing as I left them almost dry.

I wouldn't have minded if this was a couple of minutes longer. I was just getting into it when it stopped :)

I think you did a good job with the multiple guitar parts, and I didn't mind the panning. I thought it added interest and excitement, like some early Sabbath I was listening to today. The drums sounded great too.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:58 pm I wouldn't have minded if this was a couple of minutes longer. I was just getting into it when it stopped :)

I think you did a good job with the multiple guitar parts, and I didn't mind the panning. I thought it added interest and excitement, like some early Sabbath I was listening to today. The drums sounded great too.

Good work :)
Thank you Seismic for lending me your ears - funny you should mention Sabbath. Actually that riff that comes in at 1 min is lifted from 'into the void' (just slowed down a bunch) haha. I only realised after of course. But then I think everyone's ripped off sabbath at some point :party:

frank1985,
Thank you for reviewing my music! Now your song: I can tell the penguins liked your song, and so did I! In certain ways, it reminded me of The Doors (without vocals), believe it or not. The intro reminded me of Chris Isacc's "Wicked Game" though also. Cool song; I liked it all! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Thanks aaron for the listen - if the penguins are happy so am i ;) The doors comparison flatters me a little, haha - can't say that style hasn't rubbed off on me over the years though :)

Feels to me like an almost finished song, you could add a guitar solo part to the last section and make it longer. Great guitar tones and sound design in general. It has a very inspiring vibe to it.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Return to “Music Cafe”