SampleTron 2 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I guess there will be a special offer for users of version 1, right?

I think it's $50 off, but they did throw me a bone with some free jam points. This looks cool and I might pick it up eventually, but I have M-Tron pro with all of the expansions already.
Kurzweil PC4; Korg Kronos 61 (2); Casio PX-350M

I logged in and it was $149 (I have Total Studio Max and Sampletank 3) and with my jam points it went down to about $105.

billw wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:50 am I think it's $50 off, but they did throw me a bone with some free jam points. This looks cool and I might pick it up eventually, but I have M-Tron pro with all of the expansions already.
Same here. Just bought the Streeta Expansion Nr6.

149+tax is a lot of money, even with jampoints (of which I have many but never use them, because it's cheaper to buy IK elsewhere) it goes down to roughly 105eur+taks.

It does look and sound good though but for an update (149$ is a crossgrade price, I don't think there's an update one) from Sample Tron 1 (which I honestly don't use at all, it's just not as good as M-Tron) is too much.

Knowing IK there will be deals soon enough.

k

soulata wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:35 am Knowing IK there will be deals soon enough.
Pushing toward a year we may likely bring it back to this introductory pricing. If an equal deal 8-12 months from now is considered a good deal, cool. But that's what typically happens.

Original SampleTron users receive JamPoints to take an additional discount and should qualify for the crossgrade + introductory pricing if they have an IK product that is 99.99+ and non-NFR.

Hope that info helps.

I haven't found anything better (in a full mix!) than using this guy's samples loaded into my copy of HALion. The HALion strings, brass and flute are pretty good, too.
I bought SampleTron 1 way back when, and last year the Arturia thing, but still end up using HALion. :shrug:
If you have HALion, anything else is just GAS. Which is OK, we all suffer from it.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:28 pm
soulata wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:35 am Knowing IK there will be deals soon enough.
Original SampleTron users receive JamPoints to take an additional discount and should qualify for the crossgrade + introductory pricing if they have an IK product that is 99.99+ and non-NFR.

Hope that info helps.
I do have Sample Tron 1 but can't see 99€ price. I can't go that low with jampoints.

I'm obviously missing something.

99€ - 29 jampoints + tax would be a no-brainer.

K

soulata wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:49 pm

Hope that info helps.
I do have Sample Tron 1 but can't see 99€ price. I can't go that low with jampoints.

K
It isn't 99.99 it is 149.99. I mention 99.99 as the crossgrade qualification in my reply above.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:28 pm Original SampleTron users receive JamPoints to take an additional discount and should qualify for the crossgrade + introductory pricing if they have an IK product that is 99.99+ and non-NFR.

Hope that info helps.
Is there still a limit of 30% (used to be 50%) on JamPoints discount? I already have lots of JamPoints so there's essentially zero discount for me owning SampleTron 1?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:51 pm

Hope that info helps.

K
It isn't 99.99 it is 149.99. I mention 99.99 as the crossgrade qualification in my reply above.
I see. It's around 105€ + tax then.

Too much atm.

MikeCallon wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:01 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:28 pm Original SampleTron users receive JamPoints to take an additional discount and should qualify for the crossgrade + introductory pricing if they have an IK product that is 99.99+ and non-NFR.

Hope that info helps.
Is there still a limit of 30% (used to be 50%) on JamPoints discount? I already have lots of JamPoints so there's essentially zero discount for me owning SampleTron 1?
True. 30% off max plus it means essentialy nothing if you own ST1 as it's a crossgrade price.

Hope that info helps.

K
+1 i've had enough jampoints already, i have a Sampletron 1 license, a Sampletank 4 max license and several other sampletank related licenses and i don't understand why we don't get a proper upgrade path (Sampletron 1 content in Sampletron 2 included hmmpf hmmpf) instead of 29 jampoints. only some people have enough money to buy every crossgrade, upgrade etc. and: my name is Bond, ah mellotronaut!
"It dreamed itself along"

I don‘t see any Jam Points in my account (as an original SampleTron 1 owner) :(

Gosh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:49 pm I don‘t see any Jam Points in my account (as an original SampleTron 1 owner) :(
When you log on to your account you should see a popup in the User Area about gifted JamPoints.

Sorry to hear that an additional 25 in JamPoints to take off the lowest crossgrade and special introductory pricing is not enough for some, I hope perhaps another offer/product in the future will be more palatable for them.

Return to “Instruments”