Fragile Gods - "Fade Like The Night"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bansaw wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:45 pm Love the chorus, its nice and sweet in the midst of the tense verses. :tu:
Only one thing in terms of mixing: there's an abrupt dynamics change at 0:32.
Overall enjoyed it a lot, complex and unique. Well done.
I will listen a couple times more before commenting more fully, but, I noticed that as well... A little volume 'bump'.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

frank1985 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:19 pm Great pop track - catchy and upbeat with nice hooks. Can't ask for anything more.....other than maybe a smidgen more reverb on the vocals?? Going for a second spin...
Hey Frank! Thanks for listening and commenting. :)

I did try to add a bit more reverb on the vox on this track compared to previous ones but I can only tolerate so much. Reverb is my Kryptonite. :P

Very Covenant sounding, which is not a bad thing.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Frantz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:11 am I can only tolerate so much. Reverb is my Kryptonite. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I agree with vurt about it still sounding contemporary despite the 80s feel. just a great track all round.

sjm wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:08 pm The harmonies are great. Might be the best track yet in terms of the way the two voices complement each other.

+1 on maybe a bit more reverb, given the aesthetic
Aika gets all credit for the harmonies. I agree our voices meshed well on this one.

Maybe I need to do I drunk mix to get over my reverb inhibitions? :hihi:

I think we are overdue for more of your music unless I missed something. :idea:

Thanks for listening.

Listened 4 times now...Another really great piece of electronic pop music - thoroughly enjoyed it.

For me this is what I would call a really strong album track. Compared to other recent pieces of yours it was clearly 'strong' from the start, but had slightly less 'instant impact'. But... it then grew and grew on each subsequent listen with lots of little details and delicate embellishments rising from the mix.

Production is really very good to my ear...slightly more contemporary maybe, but still with a clear retro vibe. All the sounds combine well. It's sharply etched yet still warm...punchy but balanced. Soundstage is excellent.

Couple of very minor questions production-wise:
1) Maybe the drums are very slightly low in the mix?
2) There is definitely a little volume bump at 32 seconds.

Musically it rises and falls effortlessly, gently driving forward with a slick little underlying groove...all the various parts sync together very effectively.

The underlying harmonies all work with the melodies...there are moments when I really wanted the bass to drop down to that Dominant A before returning to the Tonic D for a little bit of extra lift at the end of certain phrases, but that might well be too much in this context! :)

Great track!
Last edited by ChameleonMusic on Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Nice pop track! Reminds me a bit of Human League. There's definitely some 80s feeling. Good work and as always very professionally produced.

htcnext2 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:37 pm The sound on this new track is even more drawn to perfection. Uncomparable drum sound as always. The female vocs fit in very well. Enjoyed listening! Nice one.. :tu:
Glad you enjoyed listening to it. Thanks as always. :)

very nice harmonies in this catchy track, everything tight and in its place

markkuja wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:00 am Nice pop song. I liked the rhythm of the riffs and melody lines. Good mix and sounds.
Thanks for checking this out Marrku. :)

candybag wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:14 am Exactly my thought, vocals work great. Really catchy track as well :)
Thanks! :)

Jesse Gorter wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:38 pm it sounds like a pop 80's track, very well done
Yes, 80s pop. Guilty as charged. :hihi:

Bansaw wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:45 pm Love the chorus, its nice and sweet in the midst of the tense verses. :tu:
Only one thing in terms of mixing: there's an abrupt dynamics change at 0:32.
Overall enjoyed it a lot, complex and unique. Well done.
This was a challenge to mix given that each section can be quite different from the previous one. I would think a volume increase at the start of the chorus (0:32) would be pretty normal. Perhaps it is a bit extreme and I just got used to it after hearing it so many times.

Glad that you liked it. Thanks for commenting. :)

vurt wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:08 pm the usual quality work from you!
you and aka do work so well together.

while there is an 80s feel, it still sounds up to date and fresh!
I am glad you are hearing some freshness along with the usual 80s influences. Thanks for checking this out vurt. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”