List of your favourite sounds/presets (give examples)

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CHOOS wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:09 pm Ah!
I had a very close listen and I realize it's a separate instrument/flute.
Aha!
So you think there's a 2nd flute at the end on a second track. That makes sense to me.
The flute has some noise to it, OK. I think I could experiment with noises.
But apart from that: a triangle or sine? What's your suggestion I should try for this one?
It's a very short sound, isn't it?
Last edited by juno987654321 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

i believe flutes produce more of a square wave, so id start there personally :)

Hi Vurt! :-)
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

hey :)

CHOOS wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:17 pm Binary Finary- 1999 Kaycee RMX Bass
https://vimeo.com/559383052

The vox sample is just that typical old vocal sample with some reverb + delay
Thank you Choos! I appreciate your assistance and guidence.. do you perhaps have the presets saved to this somewhere?

This is how you can transform a shitty Ah into something useable and then process the same way as in the original 1999 (Kay Cee Remix) - Binary Finary
https://vimeo.com/560166433

The Aah sample I made attached
Ah C.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Thanks so much Choos!

You're most welcome. hahahaha my daughter says that and it's so cute
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Aaw awesome! I thought I heard a kid in the background of your Video!!! I love kids!!

Choos, you haven't answered yet. What do you think the 2nd flute is based on? One osc? Two? Saw again? My guess was triangle. Vurt thinks square. Will you say saw again?

juno987654321 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:28 am Choos, you haven't answered yet. What do you think the 2nd flute is based on? One osc? Two? Saw again? My guess was triangle. Vurt thinks square. Will you say saw again?
i haven't listened to the specific flute sorry.
im just going by the "basics of acoustic instrument" synthesis we did at college.

square, with resonance and a touch of noise, was used to imitate the flute.
this was analogue subtractive though, wavetable or other synth methods may use different ways to achieve similar :)

that's the magick of synths, there is no answer, only freedom!

can't say ive done much acoustic synth programming recently, but as an example of other possible methods, i did get a sound very like an overblow, using my guitar, with fuzz, in to a delay set for karplus strong sounds (short with lots (possibly 100%) of feedback, i used mimeophone in the rack, but any good clean delay should work :)

The long note is the same long note bit you hear (what seems like) a short pitched up sound but it's a breathy separate note that give a nice additional 'filler" sound so the melody
juno987654321 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:28 am Choos, you haven't answered yet. What do you think the 2nd flute is based on? One osc? Two? Saw again? My guess was triangle. Vurt thinks square. Will you say saw again?
There is no 2nd flute.
It's the famous shakuhachi sample from E-mu Emulator II.

Yamaha VL1 has a pretty good synthetic (physical modeling) shakuhachi sound.

In Kontakt factory library there is also a nice shakuhachi with different articulations and release noise samples.

bluesawsq wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:46 pm
The long note is the same long note bit you hear (what seems like) a short pitched up sound but it's a breathy separate note that give a nice additional 'filler" sound so the melody
There is no 2nd flute.

In Kontakt factory library there is also a nice shakuhachi with different articulations and release noise samples.
But tell me: can it be reconstructed? How? I'd like to know how to reconstruct it in Serum for my education in sound design.
What is happening in that sound at the end? Maybe you know?
There is clearly something like a division at some point towards the end and the sound changes if you listen to the sample I posted?

juno987654321 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:20 pm
bluesawsq wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:46 pm There is no 2nd flute.

But tell me: can it be reconstructed? How? I'd like to know how to reconstruct it in Serum for my education in sound design.
What is happening in that sound at the end? Maybe you know?
There is clearly something like a division at some point towards the end and the sound changes if you listen to the sample I posted?
I would use some physical modeling synth. Reaktor Prism has a factory preset 'Ethnic Flute' that you could study and try to improve.
Regarding the end of the sound, it sounds like another note or trill or something. I'm not at all familiar with shakuhachi playing technique, but you could watch some great tutorials on Youtube, like on this Renzoh Flutes channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5mpKI ... 4K3Gp4aryg

Return to “Sound Design”