it lurks in all of us

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oh folks, today afternoon i will get my first dose of the c19 vaccine. it is safe... they say...it is extremely improbable... nevertheless I am not entirely comfortable with that thing... i am really nervous...

stay safe! and healthy!
https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... -all-of-us
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

:hihi: :tu:
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:24 am :hihi: :tu:
:lol: not funny at all... but i survived... for now...

do you think the percussion loop is too dominant?
myself in 2022

Glad to hear:)

No, I thought the melody sat well. The Bass could be tamed a bit maybe? It seems you may be getting a little masking on the kick, and in the lead in a few places. Have you tried putting some sidechain compression on the bass to duck it a little when the kick hits? Maybe try narrowing the stereo field and frequency range in the bass a little? All in all I think it's a solid track

I liked your use of the bitcrusher. Really like the bell sound. Great moment at 2:06—I also really like the voxy synth that starts here. Another great moment at 2:40. It seems you really went after the detail in this one.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:52 am The Bass could be tamed a bit maybe? It seems you may be getting a little masking on the kick, and in the lead in a few places.
i use a selfmade dynamic-eq. the gain reduction of the compressor controls the amount of gain of the eq-band (around 80hz) and pushes the bass back. problem is: the "shuffling" of the beat isn't programmed, only triggered by a device (which is programmed). so i duplicated the original beat-device and took the input from there - but that duplicated beat doesn't have the shuffling on it, only the "natural" beat (only on the 1 and the 3+). so the sidechaining isn't working all the time, especially not then if the kick is stuttering, or reversed on other times than the 1 or the 3+. but i didn't figured it out, how to seperate the kick out of the whole "mangled" beat-channel to trigger the EQ correctly all the time... i hope it is understandable...
myself in 2022

hope you're feeling ok after the jab, i know i had a few weird days after my first :hihi: :hug:

will give a listen in the studio later :tu:

I do get what you're saying. Maybe it's just a matter of taming some of the bass frequencies just a little, maybe reducing the volume a couple of db. Or, maybe just a little volume automation in a few sections? That said it's really not a major thing and may just be a matter of taste.

Do you layer kicks?
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:20 pm I do get what you're saying. Maybe it's just a matter of taming some of the bass frequencies just a little, maybe reducing the volume a couple of db. Or, maybe just a little volume automation in a few sections? That said it's really not a major thing and may just be a matter of taste.

Do you layer kicks?
if you have time (and if you want) check this out:
https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... -seq3-edit

i tested something (normally i don't use that function cause my PC is too slow :) ), drum-channel and bass-channel are EQed "together" now, 50% static, 50% dynamic (over the whole frequency-spectrum and the whole track), but only soft (max. 3db at some ranges, especially around the bass-area). i am not sure if there is a difference, i think YES, but maybe i am wrong.

no i don't layer kicks normally. is it important to do it? i did it only once in one track [viewtopic.php?f=14&t=564044] there is an 808 below the normal kick. i am not a huge "fan" of drums... i think in many tracks in mainstream dance/pop they are too loud for just listening :D
myself in 2022

Cool I'll listen later today.

In terms of the kicks, I wouldn't say it's something you have to do, but it's something I've been playing with recently and have liked the results in terms of really getting a kick sound that fits the mix. I usually have one with a really strong attack and short release, a medium length kick with with a little more body and less high end, and then one with some sub energy and a slower attack. I eq all of them separately, and then usually add a little compression or distortion to all three on the kick bus. In logic I set all channels of the kicks to stereo pan, then narrow them to almost mono. I leave the medium kick a just little wider than the other two. Again this isn't necessary.
eassae.com

sorry, didnt make it up here last night.

hope your feeling ok after the vaccine :hug:

well, this is something different 8)
started out very 80s sounding then got all idm, so much happening but it sounds great!
love the glitches :ud:
and some lovely synth tones here too :love:

very nice work indeed!

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:38 pm sorry, didnt make it up here last night.
hey no problem. i'm glad that somebody even listens to my music. I actually do it for myself, but it's nice when someone else is listening to it.
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:38 pm hope your feeling ok after the vaccine :hug:
i got a new mRna-vaccine. the muscles hurt a lot, but now everything is ok again. I just hope that in 3 years I won't have a third arm or something like that
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:38 pm love the glitches :ud:
and some lovely synth tones here too :love:
very nice work indeed!

thanks, glad you liked it. i played it to my wife. she grimaced and said that she didn't like the synths at all. and sex is no longer available for 5 weeks ... well maybe not everything is true but that's how i remembered it. she really doesn't like my music. :D
myself in 2022

an extra arm would be good for keyboard playing.

or if you're not getting sex, self pleasuring, while still being able to play the keys :lol:

I can tell the difference in the second mix. I got a chance to listen to both in my monitors today. My original listen was in headphones(really good openback reference headphones but still), and I think the original post mix is stronger, and I think the bass wasn't as overpowering as I originally thought, but I still want the kick to hit just a little harder.

I think this can definitely come down to a taste issue though. Your mix is really good, uses depth width and height really well, and I really like the detail you put into this one. Those little moments are the things that, I think anyway, make the difference between a decent track and a good one.

Nice work!
eassae.com

tomtom1 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:41 am i played it to my wife. she grimaced and said that she didn't like the synths at all. and sex is no longer available for 5 weeks ... well maybe not everything is true but that's how i remembered it. she really doesn't like my music. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smack:
Last edited by eassae on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eassae.com

eassae wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:58 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:38 pm i played it to my wife. she grimaced and said that she didn't like the synths at all. and sex is no longer available for 5 weeks ... well maybe not everything is true but that's how i remembered it. she really doesn't like my music. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smack:
:o
i didn't say that!
i have no wife!

Return to “Music Cafe”