Inspired Acoustics INSPIRATA

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was very meh on it. I tried it out for a short while but didn't gel with it. Its significantly large installation, the workflow the limitations on the lite version motivate me to use other things...and spend money on other things.

I'm heavily biased; I dont care for realism in my space simulations, I've been heavily using an IR library of Midiverb, AMS RMX16 (from INHALT), Lexicon 224/480L, Yamaha SPX90 impulses in Space Designer. Most likely, its just the wrong tool for me.

Also, a quick note that Inspirata don't seem to allow license transfers. I can't even give my copy to someone who may want it. :-//

I did buy the personal edition. I've found one thing I'm not liking.

I always use reverb on a send at 100%. With this I sometimes get phasing, I guess suggesting even when it's 100%, there's some dry outputting from the plugin... weird.

an-electric-heart wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:50 pm I did buy the personal edition. I've found one thing I'm not liking.

I always use reverb on a send at 100%. With this I sometimes get phasing, I guess suggesting even when it's 100%, there's some dry outputting from the plugin... weird.
Contact the devs with an example if you haven't already - I assuame they will investigate, they seem quite communicative

an-electric-heart wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:50 pm I did buy the personal edition. I've found one thing I'm not liking.

You are exactly right. Even as an insert, at 0% wet (100% dry) there is something affecting the sound - a slight blurriness, like phasing yeah - not good for automating completely our of the way. A workaround would be to automate the Mix to Dry and then use the Bypass button to completely bypass the plugin, however the Bypass button creates pops and clicks.

I've put a feature request through for both those things as a support ticket.

Otherwise, these are probably the most realistic spaces I've heard and I'll still use it in the meantime, knowing that it doesn't have a "true bypass".

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:41 am

You are exactly right. Even as an insert, at 0% wet (100% dry) there is something affecting the sound - a slight blurriness, like phasing yeah - not good for automating completely our of the way. A workaround would be to automate the Mix to Dry and then use the Bypass button to completely bypass the plugin, however the Bypass button creates pops and clicks.

Otherwise, these are probably the most realistic spaces I've heard and I'll still use it in the meantime, knowing that it doesn't have a "true bypass".
You will find that effect is by design and the dev makes a good point about having the effect that way - cant remember the argument but at the time I thought it a reasonable position. So ... it has been brought up by others and I guess if they can make a nonclicking bypass they probably have it in the list of things to do. But I think they want and have an argument for keeping the dry/wet as is

fairlyclose wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:41 am

You will find that effect is by design and the dev makes a good point about having the effect that way - cant remember the argument but at the time I thought it a reasonable position. So ... it has been brought up by others and I guess if they can make a nonclicking bypass they probably have it in the list of things to do. But I think they want and have an argument for keeping the dry/wet as is
Ahh I see. That's fine as long as the Bypass is 100% true bypass, smooth without clicks, so it can be automated. I'll push for that.

Return to “Effects”