What does this mean "Your Waves Update Plan will expire"?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have bought a VST (software). And the licence therefore will expire? I dont bought an abo, i bought an software product - i thought???
What does this mean "Your Waves Update Plan will expire"?

P.S. the VST (Ovox) i never use, because....

It'll become expensive...

Give the fortune teller all your money, and the curse will be lifted. Seriously, it means you won't get the next update for the plugin--that you'll have to pay for the upgrade (if there is one) when it comes, if you want the upgrade. I think I've read some say they were four or five updates behind, with unaffected functioning. Still, things happen (not sure if operating system updates have made Waves plugins unusable). But there is much on this forum and elsewhere about the Wave's WUP "scam."
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

What's an "abo"?

The license you bought will not expire, but the "update plan" will. That means that you wont receive any future updates to the plugin unless you renew the update plan. It's a total scam by Waves imho.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

im intrigued where the "because...." is going! :hyper:
one hell of a cliffhanger!!!

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:54 pm im intrigued where the "because...." is going! :hyper:
one hell of a cliffhanger!!!
https://youtu.be/Lr9aPhIjxFc

Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 pm What's an "abo"?
the german word for subscription
actually it's a short for the french "abonnement"

@ OP:
here you might find some info in re WUP:
https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan

You can use your software as long as you live and as long it will run on your system. You will get updates if you renew your plan for one year. If your plan runs out the second licenses expire, that means only one computer can use the software, but its easy to move it from one to another, or to run it from the cloud (then you need to be connected to the net…)
WUP is not a scam as some people “feel”. Other than in the past those plugins rarely need updates. But it can happen if a new operating system version would break things. Often its cheaper to upgrade to a bundle than paying for WUP. You get some extra plugins and the existing ones get a renewal of then plan. Watch out their sales, which happen always. Some sales are related to the update plans…

Return to “Instruments”