Another annoying poll: Hive 2 versus Icarus 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Hive 2 or Icarus 2, which would you choose?

Hive 2
40%
Icarus 2
31%
completely different approaches, get both
30%

Total votes: 121

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Curious how these compare, or if in fact they can be compared. Looking to spend the time getting to know one in depth.

They both have great demo policies. They do have enough differences to justify having both. I picked the third option for this reason, although "completely different" is not accurate.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I have both. To me, Icarus2 sounds bigger wider and more polished which I like but as a preset guy, the presets aren't as useful for quick grabbing to write songs as Hive is. Hive comes with thousands of presets that can be used across a broad spectrum.I always thought the Icarus presets sounds generally speaking lent themselves more to marketing than composing like a lot of synths do. I also think Hive has something for every genre where Icarus is very tech heavy. Those worn out robotic vocal presets are junk. Glad I have both though.

Icarus can do things Hive can’t do, such as resynthesis. And the basses sound huge.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

killmaster wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:51 pmCurious how these compare
Then compare them. They both have demo versions. Asking for other people's opinions will do you no good because we all make different music and we all use different sounds to make that music.

All you'll learn here is what is somebody else thinks. All that matters is what you think.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Reaper.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:49 pm
killmaster wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:51 pmCurious how these compare
Then compare them. They both have demo versions. Asking for other people's opinions will do you no good because we all make different music and we all use different sounds to make that music.

All you'll learn here is what is somebody else thinks. All that matters is what you think.
Good points. I have an issue with the technical part of the process and it takes me forever to really understand things on a deeper level and get the most out of a demo. Usually the demo times out before I really have enough time to evaluate. But, I can't deny this is good advice.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:53 pmReaper.
:hihi:

Reaper: The answer to life, the universe, and everything...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

fried flounder

Can you please add some more synth choices to the poll ? I find none of the 2 interesting.
More BPM please

Hand the 150 € over to me. I know what to buy with it.

I wonder how many of the people who'd vote even used both. I mean, I'd want to vote Hive 2 because I own it and enjoy it, but I'll abstain because I never used Icarus 2. Couldn't even tell you the first thing about it.

killmaster wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:51 pm Curious how these compare, or if in fact they can be compared. Looking to spend the time getting to know one in depth.
they both have demo versions, so enjoy....

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:25 pm Hand the 150 € over to me. I know what to buy with it.
swarfega?

Return to “Instruments”