Fraudulent.Romance_and aftermath. and: The Persistence of Memory. but there's more

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A short kind of titles music to an imaginary f**ked-up TV show again.
this would have likely been dropped, but a moment I got to happen in the first session, well, I came back to it the following day and it was so stupidly gorgeous (because the orchestration) I worked the thing that culminates in it (a few bars) up completely and then proceeded to get involved in the next bit, which I seemed impatient to get to.
It's a kind of jolly waltz, then kind of romantic hero; and of course now it shifts mood, and into the real interest which opens up many cans of worms. eventually a last section almost satirical, anachronistic... no more spoilers.
Here I effect a kind of fade-out, because very gnarly whole area. but its own thing hence "1".

piano-centric, about the same orchestra as the Howl things. The opening waltz, don't know why it happens, I did things I was comfortable doing, trying to make things that sound nice.

OK, gwyne just replace v.1 with the full piece now. Not finalized, but the basic gravy is there with a couple of lumps.
FrauduROM & Aftermath
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

:clap:
there's a whole lot happening in a relatively short period of time ...
the orchestration and staging work so well ...
the outro lingers like a fine whisky ; the fumes subsume the precedent...

yeah. thanks
this exists because the staging is already so happening. the template changes slightly but I do know how a couple things work by now.

the psuedo-ending I needed to sleep on. that last section was some work and it's really working without a net. The pretty stuff comes comparatively easy.
it's going to change radically next, and slow back down/spread out into space.

I intended to do something that wasn't this at all, Howl 2.2. oh well.
the trumpets in the one bit need mixing, the 'bite' they impart overwhelms IME, and a kind of cramped EQ characteristic. I have a tutti of high WW and the piccolo there, it's a bit gnarly.

I had one of the more peculiar experiences ever near the end of last night. I needed to time-stretch one patch in the bass flute, and to do it I saved it as preset in the standalone, and then loaded it in VE Pro. Either something has been changed, like it automatically renders or it's broken, the render light doesn't come on. So I wanted to stretch a vibes patch the same x1.07 so I loaded the preset.
Now, some of the vibes notes of that one articulation sound exactly like piccolo flute. Not kinda sorta, I looked for the piccolo part I knew wasn't there. The bass flute patch does not do notes anywhere in that range, and these notes are not played in that range at all. I am buffaloed but the new piccolo note sounded great (vibes in close proximity in the room).

note = EQing High WW and Trumpets improves the situation with those considerable.

very cool :tu:

Great soundtrack work… good structure and orchestration
Sounds nice

thanks, guys

I overdubbed a piano bit over the madness since first posting, a more direct approach in the definition a piano brings.

the ending will blur into a next section rather than just die like that.
I don't think I've quite done this drastic a contrast stylistically inside one work, primrose path into the brick wall here

not achieved this blurring as of yet but I had a very good session with the next bit, on the verge of something not-trivial for sure

nice work
the piano is great, but i love the underlying textures, some really interesting little moments hidden here and there :tu:

thx
I've got a workflow with this piano now. The textural stuff takes a lot of time, the piano happens afterwards, is almost more play than work.
the chief things here are bowed vibes, one patch has a layer of a rolled articulation I can xfade in, and now a mystery flute; 'low flutes ensemble' in an Orch. Tools product under Jeff Russo's name (like 30 euro), Big Bang Orchestra Andromeda 'Con Sordino' expansion (the main lib is orchestral tutti, for expediency, but you can sculpt it by its mixer) with low flutes etc in with the CS strings, and a clarinets ens in the Jeff Russo line, also not expensive. And so I like this template, hasn't changed much in months. It can go many different places.

the new bit which I hope to have the basic form of completed today, first thing up is this OT thing which is radically detuned orch. strings, some of which is heavily processed, which is major texture right out of the box and which was highly conducive

they got a Klingon choir over there under the Jeff Russo (Picard, Discovery, and like half the series I see now) for I think 13 euro

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 pm they got a Klingon choir over there under the Jeff Russo (Picard, Discovery, and like half the movies I see now) for I think 13 euro
:o
who knew klingons did art? :lol:

they're big on opera, is my understanding

OT is making some wonderfully weird stuff these days. 'electroacoustic'

i think it's the bowed vibes that got me, wasn't sure what it was, interesting texture indeed from acoustic type instruments 8)

very good prices too!

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:04 pm they're big on opera, is my understanding

OT is making some wonderfully weird stuff these days. 'electroacoustic'
ah, i thought they were similar to daleks in their personality, just the killing and making more of themselves.

thought, they were based on the spartans, with the vulcans being more athenian and logical.
but im not really big on star trek.

Love it.

Return to “Music Cafe”