The Favorite Analog Synthesizer Emulations

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think my favorite analog emulations are ImpOSCar2 and Oddity2 by GForce, RePro-1 by u-he, ARP Odyssey from Korg, and Knif Audio Knifonium and bx_oberheim from Brainworx.I also like (and use) XILS 3 LE from Xils Lab ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:44 am I think my favorite analog emulations are ImpOSCar2 and Oddity2 by GForce, RePro-1 by u-he, ARP Odyssey from Korg, and Knif Audio Knifonium and bx_oberheim from Brainworx.I also like (and use) XILS 3 LE from Xils Lab ...
Love the Xils, just never wanted to spend the money on them. Do any of them have a lot
of presets? Knif Audio Knifonium never heard and listening now it's pretty nice

I agree with mot of what has ben listed: Softube, U-He, Tal, Synapse are the big ones. Korg Odyssey, OP-X-Pro, GForce are some more. I also find ANA2 to be be as good as most others for analog sounds even though it's not an emulation. Also Reaktor Blocks are pretty darn analog sounding.

Arturia I sometimes see some authenticity in and then usually go back to thinking there's something not quite right there, doesn't have a hardware vibe.

Matrix 12V - probably because I had a Matrix 6 for so long, and I can get the Arturia emu to do the same kind of crazy stuff.
Brings me back quite a ways. :tu:

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 am I agree with mot of what has ben listed: Softube, U-He, Tal, Synapse are the big ones. Korg Odyssey, OP-X-Pro, GForce are some more. I also find ANA2 to be be as good as most others for analog sounds even though it's not an emulation. Also Reaktor Blocks are pretty darn analog sounding.

Arturia I sometimes see some authenticity in and then usually go back to thinking there's something not quite right there, doesn't have a hardware vibe.
Yeah, I have the GF Oddity 2 but was interested in something new but I decided to play with
it more and it is really nice. I'm grateful to have it, actually. I just looked away for a moment.

And I decided to add some bass using ANA as I have been using it a lot lately and I can say
that you are right about it sounding analog. I must give it up to Sonic Academy because ANA has been blowing my mind lately, it's just too dang sexy to ignore.

twal wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:11 am Looking to pick up an analog emulation that is pretty cheap.
Vacuum Pro does look good and sounds nice. Which ones out there are good like this and have a lot of presets? Looking for a lot of presets to start.
If you like Vac Pro, you will probably enjoy bx_oberhausen. Just wait until it's on sale. You can pick it up for $29 or $39 several times a year. Get on Plugin Alliance's mailing list so you don't miss out. Korg's ARP Odyssey is good, too, but doesn't have a whole heap of presets. I am also still enjoying Softube's Model 84, which is a Juno 6 emulation. There is just something about the sound that really works.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Definitely Ultra Analog VA-1. Subsequent versions don't have that vintage digital virtual analog sound.

felis wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:40 am Matrix 12V - probably because I had a Matrix 6 for so long, and I can get the Arturia emu to do the same kind of crazy stuff.
Brings me back quite a ways. :tu:
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the Matrix 12 V is actually a really nice synth. Especially with the extended voice control page on top of the already deep design of the original synth, it's a sound design powerhouse. And I think it sounds quite good, but I know older Arturia stuff is often slagged on in these parts. <shrug>. The modulation system seems weird at first but is actually quite fun (and flexible!) once you get the hang of it.

Softube Model 72 and Model 84 are damn good ! For me hands down the best analog emulations at the moment.

I must say that there is something about the quirky and warm sound of Cherry Audio's Surrealistic MG-1 that draws me in lately... :shrug:

TAL-U-No LX is great (sound and UI)

Drew Lake wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:01 am I must say that there is something about the quirky and warm sound of Cherry Audio's Surrealistic MG-1 that draws me in lately... :shrug:
Oddly, me as well. I think this freebie might be my favorite of theirs.
If they added 3-4 clever but non-historical tweaks, it could be a lot more versatile without it losing the oddball charm.

Gforce Oberheim SEM
Softube Model 84 & 82
bx_oberhausen

In order of how good they sound to me. The Drop by Cytomic has the best sounding filter. I wish he'd make a synth.

Am I the only one using Poly-Ana?

"Poly-Ana's voice architecture is an ambitious combination of all the best features of the famous analog classics"

One of the fattest and most "analog" sounding soft synths ever, IMO. And it doesn't need effects.

Diva has been blowing me away again this week!

Return to “Instruments”