Deckards Dream and Linnstrument issue

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I recently received the deckards dream and I have run into an issue with pitch bending. For some reason I set the linnstrument to +/- 24 (match it on the ddrm) and a whole step slide on my end yields a 2 whole step slide on the synth and increases in number of steps sharp the more I slide. At 12 on the linn it starts jumping octaves and as the pitch bend decreases it jumps more and more octaves

I have the linnstrument setup the same way for the ob6 (different midi channels) and it works perfectly.

So my question for anyone who has some experience with this setup, is this just an issue with the deckards? Is there a work around? Or is there something I'm missing that makes this work?

I should say that the ddrm is in mpe mode. All other mpe features work excluding this. I can say too that on some of the sounds it doesn't sound like the note is sliding I can hear it stepping a bit.

Thanks,

J

Sounds like your application isn't handling the bends correctly.
Maybe it's not handling MPE correctly?

You might be only bending on the basic channel and not passing the proper bend data on the other midi channels.

I'm all about 48 pitch bend on Linnstrument and require my vsts to support that.
That's the most natural bending feel to me.
Good luck,
Dirk

Hey Dirk,

Thanks for the reply. Last night I actually tried that and it fixed it. Setting 48 on the linn and matching on the ddrm got the intervals correct and it does feel natural in that setting.

Thanks for the help.

J

Cool, glad to help.

Oh nice: a Deckards Dream with a Linnstrument! If only the DD was not that expensive...

Anyway, it seems to me that pitchbend = 48 is most common across MPE synths so my Linnstrument stays in that setting too.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”