it lurks in all of us

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:00 pm
eassae wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:58 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:38 pm i played it to my wife. she grimaced and said that she didn't like the synths at all. and sex is no longer available for 5 weeks ... well maybe not everything is true but that's how i remembered it. she really doesn't like my music. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smack:
:o
i didn't say that!
i have no wife!
Whoops! My quote editing skills are not up to snuff obviously.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:00 pm i didn't say that!
i have no wife!
:scared: ? you said you are a grandfather...
From a purely biological point of view, you need a female "companion" at least temporarily to achieve this. :party:
except maybe you work in a nuclear power plant. perhaps spontaneous cell division is also possible there. :borg: :hihi:
essae wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:02 pm Whoops! My quote editing skills are not up to snuff obviously.
the comment function is horrible... it took me a half year to understand :)
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

i had one, but she really, really didn't like my music :lol:

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:32 am i had one, but she really, really didn't like my music :lol:
oh poor boy :cry: :o
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:54 am an extra arm would be good for keyboard playing.
or if you're not getting sex, self pleasuring, while still being able to play the keys
WTF??? :lol: I've only seen it now...
this opens up completely new possibilities. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR THIRD ARM? heh, what? me?
I hold the "sustain pedal", it's much more accurate now. or: i am using my "joystick" to control the "expression" of my sampler library. Which library??? the supadupa FLUTE library published by playboy-music. :oops:
myself in 2022

a long time ago now, ive moved on!
i do have a gf. she listens, has no clue what's happening, but likes me being happy :)

not that ive seen her since xmas :lol:
stupid covid restrictions and just living far enough apart it's a problem.
especially as neither of us drive, so two buses before full vaccination is a no no!

not long now!!! (fingers crossed and all that! on all 3 arms) :hihi:

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:32 pm i do have a gf. she listens, has no clue what's happening, but likes me being happy
that sounds nice! especially that happy part... tbh i have no clue what's happening in your music, either :) - i only know that you use a lot of equipment i don't have :D

btw. i discovered some days that my right speaker was turned down 3db in relation to the left...
i dunno why i did this one time, or why i didn't recognize it sooner... but it means that all tracks aren't balanced like i thought... that was frustrating. :cry:
myself in 2022

Nice one, following you on Soundcloud now. Im new here in this Forum and im learning a lot and by listening different composition styles is making me grow bit by bit. Which DAW did you use here? Im using Cakewalk, cause i cant afford any other now, but im finding it very good. Trying to use some free/cheap VSTs too. Tks!
My music project "Strange Adventures in Void" :arrow:
https://soundcloud.com/savoid

sambombe wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:55 pm Nice one, following you on Soundcloud now. Im new here in this Forum and im learning a lot and by listening different composition styles is making me grow bit by bit. Which DAW did you use here? Im using Cakewalk, cause i cant afford any other now, but im finding it very good. Trying to use some free/cheap VSTs too. Tks!
hi thanks for listening. glad you liked it. i use reason 11 suite. i once bought reason 1.0 cheap over ebay and was able to upgrade it relatively cheap. it is a bit different than other DAWs- but i am used to it somehow. i tried the demo of ableton 11 (because of some cool functions) - but it took me too long to make a demo-track, so i decided not to change (and saved some serious money... :) )
synths you hear are the: (mostly) subtractor, 1x monotone and the 1x complex-1 (all reason-stocks).

i think vember SURGE is a great free-synth (sounds really great and a lot of styles), or SYNTH no1 if you like the nordlead sound. SUPERMASSIVE by vallhalla is a great reverb/effect plugin. and if you search for free compressor/eq stuff - the free TDR things (NOVA-eq works even as a multiband compressor, Kontelnikov-compressor, SLICK-eq) are really good (i think... they are often recommended).
myself in 2022

Tks tomtom1, for the precious tips! ill download them all!! XD

sambombe wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:39 pm Tks tomtom1, for the precious tips! ill download them all!! XD
brr brrr, hold your horses :lol: ... that are MY recommendations (because i use some of these)- i dunno know if they great for you, and dunno know if others think they are great. just type best "freeware synths" or eq or reverbs or whatever into google and be inspired (musictech has a nice list).

i once found a small free synth called "eclipisis" - not very popular, not very good sounding for many, but it has one really nice cheap oboe sound that i really liked and then i used it... so what is good for me, isnt' maybe good for others and vice versa.
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:17 am brr brrr, hold your horses :lol: ... that are MY recommendations (because i use some of these)- i dunno know if they great for you, and dunno know if others think they are great. just type best "freeware synths" or eq or reverbs or whatever into google and be inspired (musictech has a nice list).
Lol, sorry for my excitement. Its just because im new here and im trying to learn from ppl that are producing for some time. So, every tip is precious. Ive downloaded some free vsts and now im experiencing with them. Guess they are very situational, depends on the mood, composition style and so on... and having a large pallete helps us to express our art. Tks a lot!

Nice track mate. Now following you on soundcloud.

sambombe wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:18 pm Lol, sorry for my excitement. Its just because im new here and im trying to learn from ppl that are producing for some time.
hey no problem - be excited!! adn keep it!!! i did some tracks (very amateur in terms of production...) during my study and then i lost all fun and interests in it for over 8 years (i am a studied classical musician - really oldschool, very academic :) - "got teached pop-music is bad"). then last year i began to make this kind of music again, and got some really good tips and tricks from members of this forum for my production.
myself in 2022

bumpydogz wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:09 am Nice track mate. Now following you on soundcloud.
thanks for listening. thanks for the following. but i have to warn you :wink: :
i make this popular music just for fun in my freetime (i'm a classical musician and need some "compensation"), and i try different things - not sure if you will like'em all :D
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”