This is what Toyah Wilcox & her husband get up to during lockdown (Warning You might get distracted by her top)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:44 pm used to think of him as quite straight edge and probably a bit boring in person, although i love his music, his stage persona had never been one to evoke fun, and the tales id read about practice and so on...
I've certainly read suggestions of him being a bit of bastard but maybe that's specific encounters, doesn't suffer fools etc etc. I think these videos have cast him in a new light, maybe loosened him up a bit (she said he was initially furious at the thought of people laughing at him before coming round to her way of thinking).

well, im glad he listened, looks like he's had a blast sometimes!

people who can't laugh at themselves tend to end up lonely and miserable :shrug:

GaryG wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:53 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:33 pm
fese wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pmWho is Toyah Wilcox, apart from being the wife of Robert Fripp?
Really? Of the two I'd have thought she was the more widely known. Honestly, I don't really know who Robert Fripp is, apart from him being some guitar guru. I couldn't name a single song or act he was involved in, that's for sure. His is just one of those names you hear mentioned.
True, I was mentioning these videos to someone and with Fripp it got down to Heroes and 21st Century Schizoid Man (seems to crop up on ads recently), no other real cultural touchstones. King Crimson never had the hit that made it to 'classic rock' status like 'smoke on the water' or something. While trying to describe Fripp I did mention he worked a lot with Brian Eno, "who's Brian Eno?" Aww, feck it. :)
:lol:

some people eh?

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:03 pmhe worked a lot with Brian Eno, "who's Brian Eno?" Aww, feck it. :)

some people eh?
Yeah, my fault for marrying her...

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 pm
fese wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pmWho is Toyah Wilcox, apart from being the wife of Robert Fripp?
Really? Of the two I'd have thought she was the more widely known. Honestly, I don't really know who Robert Fripp is, apart from him being some guitar guru. I couldn't name a single song or act he was involved in, that's for sure. His is just one of those names you hear mentioned.
bowies heroes would probably be the most well known of his works

obviously his own stuff is quite different, i think you'd actually like this...
https://youtu.be/7OvW8Z7kiws

quite heavy :band:
I was actually just looking up Information on Fripp a few days ago. He created the start up sound for Windows Vista. Apart from Bowie he has worked with the likes of Blondie. Brian Eno, Peter Gabriel, Daryl Hall, Midge Ure and Talking Heads. He also created a tape delay system known as 'Frippertronics and a new standard tuning for guitar. He's also left handed but plays guitar right handed. I had never heard any of Fripp's stuff until I watched the video Vurt posted. Not my kind of thing, not sure what genre is music is but I think i would class it as Psychedelic Rock
Last edited by Henry Jimdrix on Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why the hell did I come back to this God forsaken forum? :dog:

i thought eno did the windows thing?
yeah he's worked with loads of people, just heroes would be the biggest hit, i think?

and i love me some frippertronics :tu:
have several delays that have it available, chaining for extra frippery is fun :ud:

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:45 pm i thought eno did the windows thing?
yeah he's worked with loads of people, just heroes would be the biggest hit, i think?

and i love me some frippertronics :tu:
have several delays that have it available, chaining for extra frippery is fun :ud:
Yes Eno did a lot of Windows sounds but Fripp did at least the Windows Vista startup theme.
Why the hell did I come back to this God forsaken forum? :dog:

ah, well i did not know that! 8)

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 pmobviously his own stuff is quite different, i think you'd actually like this...
I am actually slightly familiar with King Crimson, mostly because when you run out of Killing Joke albums at the record shop, you get to King Crimson. It's all a bit 70s for me. This song is kind of like Chicago with Marshall stacks. Too self-indulgent for me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

If I had been a teenager, I would have been disgusted: An old lady between 30 and suspended animation showing nipples. Uuurgh.

Well, I am not a teenager anymore, but have still problems finding it sexy. Otherwise it looks like they are having fun during lockdown. How privileged.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:41 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 pm
bowies heroes would probably be the most well known of his works

obviously his own stuff is quite different, i think you'd actually like this...

quite heavy :band:
I was actually just looking up Information on Fripp a few days ago. He created the start up sound for Windows Vista. Apart from Bowie he has worked with the likes of Blondie. Brian Eno, Peter Gabriel, Daryl Hall, Midge Ure and Talking Heads. He also created a tape delay system known as 'Frippertronics and a new standard tuning for guitar. He's also left handed but plays guitar right handed. I had never heard any of Fripp's stuff until I watched the video Vurt posted. Not my kind of thing, not sure what genre is music is but I think i would class it as Psychedelic Rock
ah, don't write them off for one track,that was just a heavier one i thought bones might like a little (not love) they have had a few different line ups, and while the core sound is still king crimson, you still might enjoy some of the later stuff :)

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:38 am
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 pmobviously his own stuff is quite different, i think you'd actually like this...
I am actually slightly familiar with King Crimson, mostly because when you run out of Killing Joke albums at the record shop, you get to King Crimson. It's all a bit 70s for me. This song is kind of like Chicago with Marshall stacks. Too self-indulgent for me.
fair enough, honestly wasn't expecting you to love it and rush out and buy them all! :lol:
just thought it might be at lease bearable for you for prog :lol:

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:03 am If I had been a teenager, I would have been disgusted: An old lady between 30 and suspended animation showing nipples. Uuurgh.

Well, I am not a teenager anymore, but have still problems finding it sexy. Otherwise it looks like they are having fun during lockdown. How privileged.
they're having fun and entertaining others, rather them than pewdie pie and the like :shrug:
some of the earlier videos are far more fun, before it went musical renditions.

them, running round the garden, dressed as bees :o what more could you ask for at the early stages of lockdown, feeling miserable, see that! world changes on a dime!!!
and you buy a bee costume 🐝

don't know if this is already mentioned, but i know her from this album, that i still play;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitute_(Toyah_album)

nothing from it on youtube, it seems...

great album!

Return to “Guitars”