A Valentine For Ivy (long ambient)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://linux-sound.org/audio/avalentine ... g-long.mp3

A long (41'33") melodic ambient piece, intended to provide a pleasant sonic background during mundane activities. Hopefully it's also interesting enough to listen to now & then.

Created by a self-generating patch in VCV Rack.

Best regards,

dp

pretty interest-laden for an ambient sort of experience for me. but I almost never have music on and not listen.
very nice.

ooh let me get set up with the necessary coffee and combustible vegetation :hihi:

comments later... 8)

there's a really cute clarinet-like sound kind of taking prominence in midst of the chiming things
pandiatonicism is usually not as interesting, for me

as it grows it gets ever more interesting. I think it's genius, frankly.

well that was just lovely 8)
lots of nice movement in both the instruments and stereo field, kept me in from beginning to end
works lovely with a nice smoke :ud:

also, thank you for being brave enough to drop 40 mins on us, i feel less alone now :hihi:
as im sure you've found with modular, sometimes it's hard to press stop, because it just keeps sounding lovely and you're enjoying listening too much :hihi:

I let it play all the way through. the second half kind of repeated a number of features so I was able to move focus away from it and it be pleasant ambient chiming and pseudo-bass clarinet. But melody makes me notice.

As a background for mundane activities (internet research) it was a success. I completed the internet stuff within 20 minutes, sat back and enjoyed this to its conclusion. It was a very pleasant, meandering diversion. Lovely sounds employed here, and the mix was clear and pristine.

Good work :)

Very nice StudioDave.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

My thanks to everyone who responded, you are all vastly appreciated. Apologies for this so-late reply, I've been overwhelmed by life issues, nothing extreme, just busy-busy all the time here.

@jancivil - Thanks for the very kind remarks, Jan, you had me blushing. (Though I think my work is of a much humbler order than yours.)

vurt wrote:
as im sure you've found with modular, sometimes it's hard to press stop, because it just keeps sounding lovely and you're enjoying listening too much
Indeed, I'm finding myself in that situation more often. I have another long work to post, an experiment with a port of the Monome Teletype for VCV Rack. It's a not-yet-released plugin so I've been hesitatnt about posting my work with it. I'll post it asap.

Thanks again, all blessings upon you all. :)

dp

Return to “Music Cafe”