Komplete 12 vs Komplete 13

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For someone who really doesn't use a lot of the Kontakt libraries , mainly the instruments and effects from NI, is there much point in getting this upgrade ?

I can't find a direct comparison between the 2. Bare in mind it's the smallest version of Komplete I am comparing.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

If by smallest version you mean Komplete Select, this is the product page:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... 13-select/

The items marked as "NEW" are not in K12 Select, otherwise, they should be identical. You can find the same kind of info for the other Komplete bundles.

I think the new products in K13 are worth it (e.g., the Raum reverb is excellent), but it depends on what you need.

In my realm of consideration as well.
However I'm not finding most of those "new" items to be anything I really need. So the short answer for me is again in the cost of what items I already use. What I would get is an upgrade for Kontakt and Guitar Rig @ $99.00. Whereas individual upgrades for those two would total $98.00.
At that point, the extra dollar for all those other "new" products becomes a given.
Still, NI has done such a great job at making itself so troublesome in other ways, that I rarely even keep it installed. Which puts the whole idea of upgrading in conflict. A lot of these new things seem more diversionary to me or a beginning idea brought to market too soon just to maintain their own relevancy. And the high maintenance of making their manager work for me continues to be the single thing that sets them back and mostly off my system(s).

Mileage Will Vary , but ask yourself, what you're looking for in such an upgrade. Many will think the upgrades of their flagships alone warrant the cost. And I would agree with them except for my own personal misgivings with their policy changes of the last couple of years.

xbow wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:00 pm If by smallest version you mean Komplete Select, this is the product page:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... 13-select/

The items marked as "NEW" are not in K12 Select, otherwise, they should be identical. You can find the same kind of info for the other Komplete bundles.

I think the new products in K13 are worth it (e.g., the Raum reverb is excellent), but it depends on what you need.
I genuinely cannot see any difference between 12 and 13, I have Raum, wasn't it a giveaway ?

Maybe 13 just gives version updates ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

K13 : Guitar Rig 6 Pro, Raum, Super 8, Session Guitarist – Electric Sunburst

Noire as well.

I spent a good time playing U2's songs with the Electric Sunburst... :hihi:

carrieres wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:58 pm K13 : Guitar Rig 6 Pro, Raum, Super 8, Session Guitarist – Electric Sunburst
And Kontakt 6.
Plus I think it includes another "Discovery" library?

As I mentioned before, just the upgrades to GR6 & K6 seem worth it.
(But I'm still on the fence.)

LeVzi wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:44 pm For someone who really doesn't use a lot of the Kontakt libraries , mainly the instruments and effects from NI, is there much point in getting this upgrade ?

I can't find a direct comparison between the 2. Bare in mind it's the smallest version of Komplete I am comparing.
NI's Komplete version comparison chart:

https://go.skimresources.com/?id=25446X ... %20%5B2%5D

I ordered the upgrade from Sweetwater from 2-12 to 13 for $99 on usb3 hard-drive.
Check the pricing with NI to see if your version has an upgrade price, to be sure.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... lsrc=aw.ds

I like the effects from GR6, and Replika XT, seems worth the $99 for more variety, better installer, and overall stability. There are effects also versions of Absynth, Prism, and FM8 with some videos for them on youtube.

The Noire Piano is worth the price by itself for an avid pianist.

I personally consider the more specialized K6 libs like Kinetic Metal to be great fun as ambient background effects.

Having it all on a usb3 drive is arguably worth the price, if time and drive space are
billable concerns :hyper: Keep in mind that Native Access will likely download newer versions if available, unless there is an option to prevent it. YMMV
Cheers

Replika XT is not included with the standard Komplete package, only Ultimate.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:01 pm
carrieres wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:58 pm K13 : Guitar Rig 6 Pro, Raum, Super 8, Session Guitarist – Electric Sunburst
And Kontakt 6.
Plus I think it includes another "Discovery" library?

As I mentioned before, just the upgrades to GR6 & K6 seem worth it.
(But I'm still on the fence.)
imho, it was K12 :
K12 : Choral, Discovery Series - Middle East, Flair, Kontakt 6, Massive X, Phasis, Scarbee Vintage Keys, Session Strings 2, TRK-01

Komplete 13's upgrades still work on Catalina on a mac? Or do I need Big Sur? Thank you.
Why'd you slice off my hand?

there's nothing that's Big Sur-only
Reaktor 6 and Battery 4 both have the red x mark in their compatibility list for BigSur

Meaning that Reaktor 6 and Batter 4 wouldn't work with Big Sur? I'm not ready to move on to Big Sur yet anyways. Just worried about screwing myself over if I upgraded NI now while staying on catalina. Truly, I am a coward! :)
Why'd you slice off my hand?

well, I've seen more than one person using Reaktor under Big Sur on an Intel machine without an issue but it's not official.
I believe Battery 4 should work, but there's probably certain conditions are problematic. They were testing it since months ago.

Return to “Instruments”