3.3.10 released

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Changes in Bitwig Studio 3.3.10 [released 27 May 2021]

FIXES

Changing tempo would incorrectly change audio event after certain edits [25728]
Computer keyboard mappings would repeat the mapping when keys are held down (not only when the physical key is pressed)
Linux: Icons of Grid modules weren't displayed when installing via Flatpak [25923]
Linux: Application icon wasn't appearing on Ubuntu (regression since 3.3.8)

Changes in Bitwig Studio 3.3.9 [released 12 May 2021]

FIXES

ADSR modulator: Amount parameter did not have any effect [25768]
Windows: App would not start for users whose Windows username included certain characters (e.g., Chinese) [25777]

Changes in Bitwig Studio 3.3.8 [released 06 May 2021]

IMPROVEMENTS

VST plug-ins: Added support for VST_PATH, VST3_PATH, and LXVST_PATH environment variables
VST3 plug-ins: IAudioPresentationLatency support, better aligning plug-in GUI painting and audio changes
Linux: updates to package metadata
FIXES

Clips were ignoring sustain pedal data when previewed in the browser [25460]
It was possible to create a feedback loop by moving a track to a return track [25678]
Projects that contain invalid feedback routings are now fixed automatically [25678]
The audio engine could get stuck into an infinite loop under certain conditions [25704]
Fixed a crash in the step sequencer API [25564]
Sampler device/Grid module: Application of loop range changes now happen immediately [25577]
Drum devices (E-Clap, E-Cowbell, E-Hat, E-Kick, E-Snare, and E-Tom): Possible clicks with choke settings in the Drum Machine [22853]
Peak Limiter device: Delay compensation is now handled appropriately for sample rates other than 44.1 kHz [25420]
ADSR modulator: Always behaved as if in Single Trigger mode [24122]
S/H LFO modulator: Could crash the audio engine when Smoothing was at zero [25635]
Pluck (Envelope) Grid/Polymer module: Would break with Attack at zero [25160]
Wavetable Grid/Polymer module: Graphics would stay colorful when disabled [25459]
Selected notes were sometimes not painted correctly while hovering or scrolling the editor [25534, 25707]
Active and Enable labels were missing from the Inspector on multiselection of devices [25731]
Hovering over Mixer view toggles didn't show names in the window footer [25521]
DSP graph window was only showing half of the load when using the 2048 buffer size [23613]
D16 VST plug-ins: Avoid unnecessary audio restarts

I get that the team want to focus on 4, but I got excited when I saw the notification and then... not so much :)

anders-o wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:48 pm I get that the team want to focus on 4, but I got excited when I saw the notification and then... not so much :)
What were you expecting?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:12 pm
anders-o wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:48 pm I get that the team want to focus on 4, but I got excited when I saw the notification and then... not so much :)
What were you expecting?
More fixes, more improvements, just check the previous release notes.

anders-o wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:27 pm
What were you expecting?
Is that you, Mr. Ohlson?
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

carlca wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:35 pm
anders-o wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:27 pm
What were you expecting?
Is that you, Mr. Ohlson?
Afraid not! Who is that? A DAW person?

anders-o wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:46 pm
Afraid not! Who is that? A DAW person?
No. I speak of Anders Ohlson, esteemed Delphi programmer. He used to work for Borland back in the last millennium. I just wondered if, like me, he was having a middle-aged foray into music production :wink:
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Ah, no... Delphi brings back memories, vaguely remember some drag and drop editor that you could also code in :)

On topic: Been using Bitwig for a year now and been very impressed by the development so far. Especially compared to some other daws. But yeah, been craving those heavy release notes ever since :D

Cool, it'll be nice to use a stable version until 4.1 comes out.

What was the consensus on this version? Is it a stable one that can be safely installed?

Many thanks!

_leras wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:56 pm What was the consensus on this version? Is it a stable one that can be safely installed?

Many thanks!
Its all about being stable, it's the most stable of all the 3.3 versions before. It's the last before moving on.

_leras wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:56 pm What was the consensus on this version? Is it a stable one that can be safely installed?
It seems pretty stable here. Its the one I'm using. But if you are concerned about it, dont uninstall whatever version you are using now. The new version will install in its own folder. If you notice any new instability you can quickly load up the older version and continue working.

Thanks for confirming! Much appreciated. I'm on 3.3.6 so I guess no major changes. I'll download and use alongside at first!

Return to “Bitwig”