Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

Our Superchord resonator plug-in is now Apple Silicon native.

Double Tap wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:18 am Not quite one for the list but Arturia say they're likely to release native versions of their plugins in one go, hopefully during the summer: viewtopic.php?p=8132712#p8132712
Makes sense, since they all share a common framework.

All Spectrasonics instruments just went native. I only have the verion number for Omnisphere, since it's the only one I own, and Spectrasonics doesn't post version info on the public side of the site. Anyone owning the other instruments - if you could get me those version numbers, I'd appreciate it.

Also, Omnisphere is now at 2.7, but there are no release notes, so other than M1 support, I have no idea what's new.

I doubt Omni 1 is native, and that's what I have. Unlikely I'll be moving to 2.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:37 pm I doubt Omni 1 is native, and that's what I have. Unlikely I'll be moving to 2.
Legacy versions will not be updated.

I'm just amazed I got Omni 1 to work on my M1, lol. Must've been accidental.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:42 pm I'm just amazed I got Omni 1 to work on my M1, lol. Must've been accidental.
It works via Rosetta

Of course, but just the fact that I could download an installer that worked on the M1, and then just copy the STEAM folder from my iMac (MUCH easier than 10 DVDs) to the M1 external SSD, point Omnisphere at it, enter the serial number and it worked, with all my favourite ranked presets intact. How old is Omni 1?
-Martin Luther King Jr.

AudioThing have updated Valves with M1 native support.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:31 pm AudioThing have updated Valves with M1 native support.
Also Speakers and Wave Box.

Not one for the list, but for the record, on Friday Native Instruments updated ...

Komplete Effects*

to be compatible with ...

Rosetta.

*Not actually all of them - Driver, Premium Tube Series (Enhanced EQ, Passive EQ, Vari Comp), Reverb Classics (RC24, RC48), Solid Mix Series (Solid Bus Comp, Solid EQ, Solid Dynamics), Vintage Compressors (VC 160, VC 2A, VC 76), Supercharger, Supercharger GT, Transient Master.
They haven't yet done Mod Pack (Choral, Flair, Phasis), Crush Pack (Bite, Dirt, Freak), Raum, Replika, Replika XT.

The Komplete Effects already worked under Rosetta, so I’d be curious to know what they changed. Just better optimization?

teilo wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:15 pm Also, Omnisphere is now at 2.7, but there are no release notes, so other than M1 support, I have no idea what's new.
  • Adds native support for Apple Silicon M1 Macs
    Adds VST3 plugin version
    Adds a ninth audio output bus, labeled "OUT I" in the Output Assignment menu for each Part on the Mixer page
    Improves parameter names for host automation. Adds space between part number and param name e.g. "8Pan" -> "8 Pan"
    Improves alert message wording when user drops a non-share-archive file into plugin GUI
    Fixes issue where Browser-learns restored from a saved DAW project did not ignore the "Load Current MIDI Assignments With Multi" user preference
    Fixes crash when non-Omnisphere files were dropped in the Layer pane
    Fixes crash when files were dropped onto the Splash pane
    Fixes crash related to clicking on patch in browser while MIDI-CC learning is in progress
    Fixes bug where Arpeggiator sequences failed to playback correctly after loading a saved DAW project
    Fixes bug where assigning Ratings for Multis in Trilian & Trilogy libraries did not save properly
    Fixes issue where the Orb Recording feature did not function properly
    Fixes parameter synchronization issues with the OmniTR app
    Fixes sustain pedal noise issue: If key tracking is used as a mod source, sustain pedal actions could interfere with the filter envelope
    Fixes issue where the first note played after loading a DAW project sometimes produced silent or corrupted audio
    Fixes issue where sustain pedal could kill active notes when polyphony ("Voices") limit set to 1
    Fixes issues with the Sound Lock feature's "Lock All" and "Clear All" options
    Fixes bug where using host automation with the Arpeggiator On/Off parameter could mute the audio output of the plugin
    Fixes issue where typing into the Tag Editor did not work in some Windows DAWs
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

XO from XLN Audio is Universal now

Toontrack's EZmix 1.3.1 and EZkeys 2.2.0 - https://www.toontrack.com/release-notes

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”