UVI Vintage Vault question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are the synths in vintage vault 3 exactly the same as the individual ones you can buy separately, so the editing in the full version of Falcon is the same and the included waveforms are the same etc etc. Not cut down or somehow simplified.

Yes, the exact same.

husker37 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:38 am Yes, the exact same.
Thanks, one for the future then.

Things you must consider before investing in VV3.
Many of the instrument libraries are out of tune like the Casio ones, the OB legacy and a few others.
Most of the type of sounds of VV are covered in synth anthology3 which on the whole are in tune (except for the newer ones like the EMS).

If you're like me and tuning is important to you then get synth anthology. Otherwise contact them first about this to see if the updated libraries have fixed this. It was about 2 years ago since I updated and I didn't notice a lot of tuning fixes in the updates.
I dont actually use VV libraries for this reason, I cant stand it when somethings out of tune so it was money down the drain for me. I use SA3 instead.

How out of tune? I have VV3 and haven't noticed anything.

Lazarus451 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:42 am How out of tune? I have VV3 and haven't noticed anything.
Surprises me as well, UVI stuff does microtuning as well so is not hard for them to fix

It happens on some notes sometimes, but if you report it to UVI they fix it very quickly.

And it is certainly not a general vv3 issue. I own it and love it.

Lazarus451 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:42 am How out of tune? I have VV3 and haven't noticed anything.
As much as 1/3 of a semitone which is around 30 cents, mostly flat

Kinh wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:05 pm
As much as 1/3 of a semitone which is around 30 cents, mostly flat
Is this consistent across an instrument or just random notes ?

Across all samples of the instrument. It's the natural tuning of that instrument, casio synths aren't perfectly in correct tuning, neither are oberheims or nord lead 2 (from synth anthology). UVI doesn't retune to correct to 440hz standard. Some they do, or claim to but some are not. Digital synsations 1 & 2 are others that are out of tune. The updates may have fixed this so ask them first or maybe you wont even notice, it's very subtle. I have abnormal hearing.

Falcon presets are out of tune too

Return to “Instruments”