This is what Toyah Wilcox & her husband get up to during lockdown (Warning You might get distracted by her top)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:01 amfair enough, honestly wasn't expecting you to love it and rush out and buy them all! :lol:
just thought it might be at lease bearable for you for prog :lol:
I have listened to a few pieces because, as you surmised, there is a little bit that gives me hope, but I've not found a song I can get into.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:43 am
vurt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:01 amfair enough, honestly wasn't expecting you to love it and rush out and buy them all! :lol:
just thought it might be at lease bearable for you for prog :lol:
I have listened to a few pieces because, as you surmised, there is a little bit that gives me hope, but I've not found a song I can get into.
at least you tried :tu:

they're certainly not everybody's cup of tea, well who is?

My dad was into King Crimson, I didn't know it was the same dude. In the court of the crimson king,
that album cover used to trip me out when I was very young. Basically, I was like wtf is that about?
My Dad was a hippy back then and did questionable things, like taking me to the Kickapoo Creek Rock Festival at < 1 yrs of age. :lol:

Let's see what tomorrow brings
Why the hell did I come back to this God forsaken forum? :dog:

something for the discerning pixel fetishist one hopes :hyper:

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:18 pm something for the discerning pixel fetishist one hopes :hyper:
:lol:

Vurt, you can fantasize about Toyah punching you in the nuts :lol:

https://youtu.be/MqcfYX18Luc?t=22

I think this one must be from his Crimson Kings archive, certainly sounds like the one track I have heard. Psychedelic rock stuff. Both of them on guitar not sure about the timing of these two though.

https://youtu.be/0rLOBwVVjpE?t=49

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:31 pm Vurt, you can fantasize about Toyah punching you in the nuts :lol:

ive been cockpunched enough before, to know it's not my thing :(

As much fun as Toyah is to ogle it's painful to listen to these videos...... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

vurt wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:57 pm
Henry Jimdrix wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:31 pm Vurt, you can fantasize about Toyah punching you in the nuts :lol:

ive been cockpunched enough before, to know it's not my thing :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Teksonik wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:40 pm As much fun as Toyah is to ogle it's painful to listen to these videos...... :?
Toyah needs to get herself a metronome and a vocal coach I think.

Sadly as we age our talents can deteriorate along with our bodies.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:17 pm Sadly as we age our talents can deteriorate along with our bodies.
This is true.

what is also sad is that their age is such an issue in this thread, as though it's a unacceptable to rock and to dress sexy when you're over 60 (it was raised many times, regarding the way that older woman can't really appear sexy for many people dressing like this), implying that what they're doing doesn't suit their age.

also claiming that her talent was deteriorated with age.

I just see 2 people (+the mask guy) still very much in love, having great fun, and obviously many people are enjoying their act.

What their age has to do with any of it ?

I think that had they been 20-30 years old (and the female singer dressed half-naked as they often do these days) we wouldn't have seen one message concerning their age, for example like this one:
festeringheap wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:25 pm Is this the geriatric version of twerking? Dreadful.
Music is for everyone to enjoy and to play, it doesn't belong to young people (same goes with trying to be sexy by showing some skin, this doesn't belong to young people).

And unfortunately agism is still going extremely strong in music biz, especially for women, and I find it very refreshing that Toyah is challenging the way 63 years old woman is "supposed" to dress and to sing.

Return to “Guitars”