two souls

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

for all friends and foes...

i am done with the track... can't do it better at the moment (the wav-file looks weird...). the looking affects my hearing :dog:

https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-818605447/two-souls
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Nice and peaceful.

It looks like there is some dc offset in your file. A sound editor like Audacity should be able to correct that.

I had a song once where the offset came in halfway. That was more difficult to fix. Eventually I found that one particular sound in a drum plugin caused it, so I had to skip that note. Weird.

mountainmaster wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:35 pm Nice and peaceful.

It looks like there is some dc offset in your file. A sound editor like Audacity should be able to correct that.

I had a song once where the offset came in halfway. That was more difficult to fix. Eventually I found that one particular sound in a drum plugin caused it, so I had to skip that note. Weird.
i "googled" it, but i am not 100% sure if i understand it... is it audible? (should i hear it?) is it causing any problems? [i am relative new to production-questions...]

thanks for listening btw... :)
myself in 2022

DC offset by itself is not audible but you get less overall volume. And if you try to crank that up the loudest side of the waveform can become clipped. Also compressors and limiters will have more effect on the loud side.

Discovering DC offset by ear? - well - I can not.. otherwise nice little thing.

htcnext2 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:55 pm Discovering DC offset by ear? - well - I can not.. otherwise nice little thing.
thanks for listening. i checked it: there is no DC offset. i think the "dry" signal with its pauses irritated me... the track could have overall maybe a bit mor reverb.
myself in 2022

nice playful melody!
some nice drum stuff here too, and those pads are lush!
reminds me of some kraftwerk stuff a little, which is always good 8)

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:02 pm nice playful melody!
hi vurt, thanks for the listen. for me this track is kinda weird and feels sometimes like a robbery (cause of that i don't really like it, sometimes at least)... the drums are a result of an analysis of autechre beats (i guess at least) - the bass line ryhtm is inspired by mira calix; the harmonies are following principles of a classical pop-song - okay the melody is really my own...

and the pads - that is a really super simple preset-patch and then i added a bucket-brigade-delay: and suddenly there was this lush "organ" sound... you see was just an accident, no skill at all :)
myself in 2022

Like the sound design, the tempo is odd but interesting, it's like I wan't to move forward but—I'm…stuck…going…this…pace. I could imagine it as a soundtrack, it conveys a very distinct feeling, for me anyway.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

I was walking in the park the other day, listening to music with my phone on random. Michael Jackson's Remember the Time came on. You once asked me about reference tracks. And, if there was ever a great reference track, even for mixing electronic music, this is a great one. Man that song is produced well.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:29 pm I was walking in the park the other day, listening to music with my phone on random. Michael Jackson's Remember the Time came on. You once asked me about reference tracks. And, if there was ever a great reference track, even for mixing electronic music, this is a great one. Man that song is produced well.
hey thanks, i will check it out. in the last times i used stbrk - "wildfire" as a reference - because it is raw and somehow not that polished - so as not to be frustrated right away because I can't achieve it anyway. :)
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:57 am
vurt wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:02 pm nice playful melody!
hi vurt, thanks for the listen. for me this track is kinda weird and feels sometimes like a robbery (cause of that i don't really like it, sometimes at least)... the drums are a result of an analysis of autechre beats (i guess at least) - the bass line ryhtm is inspired by mira calix; the harmonies are following principles of a classical pop-song - okay the melody is really my own...

and the pads - that is a really super simple preset-patch and then i added a bucket-brigade-delay: and suddenly there was this lush "organ" sound... you see was just an accident, no skill at all :)
isn't that all just part of the process though? to learn, we mimic, then we adapt it as it becomes second nature. :)

and that's how you add to your sound design skills, try things, see what works and keep those in mind for future.

don't be so down on yourself.
it's a great little track 8)

eassae wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:01 pm Like the sound design, the tempo is odd but interesting, it's like I wan't to move forward but—I'm…stuck…going…this…pace. I could imagine it as a soundtrack, it conveys a very distinct feeling, for me anyway.
:)

i once planned it as a 3rd track of a "suite" or what so ever. i tried to reduce everything as much as i can; to max. 5 channels in each track - to test some mixing things. a bit of a strange beat was a goal - so i am glad you liked it somehow :D

if you are interested listen to the 2 old tracks and tell me if it fits a "suite" ;)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=563231
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=562256&p=8068680
myself in 2022

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:46 pm don't be so down on yourself.
it's a great little track
hey vurt... i try...
unfortunately it is a little bit my nature. i am very critical (hyper critical :) ) ... i attribute it to my classical education. the pressure was immense ...
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:46 pm if you are interested listen to the 2 old tracks and tell me if it fits a "suite" ;)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=563231
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=562256&p=8068680
:tu:
eassae.com

Return to “Music Cafe”