Windows 11 coming very soon

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:10 am You know what? Even with a minimum amount of third party software installed, and completely standard user behavior, Mac OS and the software on it crashed a lot more than Windows whenever I used a Mac. But, shh, don't tell anyone, otherwise the mystic house of cards about the so much more stable and professional OS quickly folds up. ;)
How can you managed to crash an OS in 2020? Sorry, seems unreal really...

JamminFool wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:25 am
SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:38 am
BONES wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:04 am Microsoft doesn't do that, OEM's do. Microsoft is shit at selling anything, they appear to have no concept of how the consumer market works.
Yet they have a net worth exceeding 1 trillion dollars...how did it all go so wrong for them?! :dog:
he's not claiming they don't have a successful business. just not so much in the comsumer space. they make the vast majority of their money by selling to enterprise.
And yet they have about 85% market share on private computers. How does that compute, when they "appear to have no concept how the consumer market works"?

I actually laughed out loud when I saw that they overtook Apple for some time as the world's most valuable enterprise. So much bullcrap gossip about Microsoft, almost ever since they exist.
Passing Bye wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:32 am
chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:10 am You know what? Even with a minimum amount of third party software installed, and completely standard user behavior, Mac OS and the software on it crashed a lot more than Windows whenever I used a Mac. But, shh, don't tell anyone, otherwise the mystic house of cards about the so much more stable and professional OS quickly folds up. ;)
You want to give me your computer and we find out? :P

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:33 am You want to give me your computer and we find out? :P
:lol:

Well, admittedly, almost all of the crashes these days are caused by installed, or pre-installed apps, not so much the system.

Pretty much since Windows XP, Windows is rock stable.

Yeah, I had rock stable OS experience with both Windows and macOS last at least 10 years or more.

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:38 amYet they have a net worth exceeding 1 trillion dollars...how did it all go so wrong for them?! :dog:
That would be through their business customers, who tend to have very different needs and expectations to retail customers.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Well, let's hope the telemetry is less while performing simple tasks. I notice even while scrolling a folder that there's too much thinking going on. I'm switching from defender to kaspersky cloud for that reason on My win10 machine.

kingozrecords wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:47 pm Well, let's hope the telemetry is less while performing simple tasks. I notice even while scrolling a folder that there's too much thinking going on. I'm switching from defender to kaspersky cloud for that reason on My win10 machine.
why? what will that solve?

so now it appears there were mistakes made in at least one of the benchmark test results that were being published yesterday:

apparently they ran the benchmarks on Win 10 with "Recommended" Performance setting and the Win 11 on "High" Performance setting. :dog:

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows- ... uge-margin

I've heard that Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 get free update to 11. But Windows 8 user need to upgrade to 8.1 first to be able upgrade to 11

Yet to be confirmed really.

In 3 days, there'll be the reveal event from Microsoft.

JamminFool wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:04 pm so now it appears there were mistakes made in at least one of the benchmark test results that were being published yesterday:

apparently they ran the benchmarks on Win 10 with "Recommended" Performance setting and the Win 11 on "High" Performance setting. :dog:

Aah ;) This means the "high performance" power management mode?

4damind wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:32 pm
JamminFool wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:04 pm so now it appears there were mistakes made in at least one of the benchmark test results that were being published yesterday:

Aah ;) This means the "high performance" power management mode?
exactly.

Things I'd like to see in Windows 11:

1. Use OS theming elements on non-UWP apps (e.g. make those Reaper elements look modern apps)
2. Native aggregated audio devices (borrowed from page 1)
3. Better low latency BT audio support (borrowed from page 1)
4. Improved MIDI timing/less jitter
5. Easier UI scaling for apps+developers (seems like Mac has had this sussed for years, while it's still a bit of a mess on Windows)

Things I think we'll actually get...start bar in middle, rounded corners.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:33 amAnd yet they have about 85% market share on private computers. How does that compute, when they "appear to have no concept how the consumer market works"?
That's down from 94% 20 years ago, so mostly it's about lack of awareness of any alternatives and the effort required to find/use them. In any event, nobody pays for Windows any more, it's pretty much a give-away these days.
Easy enough when it's a Mac. We still get crashes at work but 99% of the time it's about the network, not any individual workstation.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:37 pm5. Easier UI scaling for apps+developers (seems like Mac has had this sussed for years, while it's still a bit of a mess on Windows)
That's not true at all. Mac is actually worse than Windows in this regard, it's just that their users are more willing to put up with it. e.g. In Photoshop, MacOS scales the application GUI but not the image you are working on, so you have to scale that within Photoshop, which makes it look all jaggy. From my experience in beta programmes, it also seems that it's a lot more work for devs with macOS than Windows.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”