Feature Requests

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m a recent convert to Acoustica Premium - it’s a great piece of software! But as a former user of the late lamented Bias Peak, there are a couple of features I’m really missing here. First of all, a more complete interplay between the Region List and the waveform display. Changes to the Region markers on the waveform display usually do show up in the Region List, but I’d like to be able to enter a Duration, or a start-point or end-point, in the Region list and have those parameters shown in the waveform display. Another interplay feature I’m missing… I’d like to be able to remove markers - both Region markers and Labels - directly from the waveform display (some other software uses some kind of Control-Click or Command-Click for this purpose) rather than needing to hunt them down in the List to delete them there. Also, I’ve also noticed that sometimes, the Region List doesn’t refresh immediately - I sometimes find I need to Hide the Region List and then Show it again, in order to see what’s there. One more thing… could there not be a keyboard shortcut to jump (or Tab) from one Region to the next in the waveform display? Or maybe some of these features are already available and I just don’t know where to look for them?

Hi Bill!
Bill Lane wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm I’m a recent convert to Acoustica Premium - it’s a great piece of software!
Thanks, very glad to hear that!
Bill Lane wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm But as a former user of the late lamented Bias Peak, there are a couple of features I’m really missing here. First of all, a more complete interplay between the Region List and the waveform display. Changes to the Region markers on the waveform display usually do show up in the Region List, but I’d like to be able to enter a Duration, or a start-point or end-point, in the Region list and have those parameters shown in the waveform display.
Good suggestion, I've added that to our task tracking system and we'll try to get it implemented ASAP.
Bill Lane wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pmAnother interplay feature I’m missing… I’d like to be able to remove markers - both Region markers and Labels - directly from the waveform display (some other software uses some kind of Control-Click or Command-Click for this purpose) rather than needing to hunt them down in the List to delete them there.
You can actually delete labels or regions by dragging them out of the waveform view or pressing the delete key while dragging them. Apple has removed the delete key on some of their consumer keyboards, so you'll need to press fn + backspace if you have one of these.
Bill Lane wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pmAlso, I’ve also noticed that sometimes, the Region List doesn’t refresh immediately - I sometimes find I need to Hide the Region List and then Show it again, in order to see what’s there.
I'm not sure what's going on there, but will try to reproduce it. It would be great if you have any hints on how to reproduce.
Bill Lane wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pmOne more thing… could there not be a keyboard shortcut to jump (or Tab) from one Region to the next in the waveform display? Or maybe some of these features are already available and I just don’t know where to look for them?
That's already there (+ and - keys) and "Move cursor to next / previous label" in the menu.

Best,
Stian

That's great! Thanks for pointing that out!

Yesterday, I noticed another feature that I was missing - maybe it's also already there somewhere? A "Nudge" command that moves the selected Region or Clip by whatever increment the user selects - I usually like to work with 200 mSec but in Pro Tools it's good that the user can set the increment. This is a useful feature if you're trying to refine the time relationship between two chunks of audio. And less fiddly than using the mouse to move a chunk, when the move is tiny and the time relationship needs to be precise. Is this function already there somewhere in Acoustica, or could it be added?

Also, in a multitrack assembly, I'm trying to figure out why the Split command (in the Clips menu) sometimes works to split a Clip at the Cursor insertion point, and other times, that option is greyed out in the Menu. It seems that when I double-click the Clip, and it opens in a new Tab, and I close the Tab, the Clip is then available to be Split. But this seems a little too complicated. Am I missing something?

Bill Lane wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:04 pm Yesterday, I noticed another feature that I was missing - maybe it's also already there somewhere? A "Nudge" command that moves the selected Region or Clip by whatever increment the user selects - I usually like to work with 200 mSec but in Pro Tools it's good that the user can set the increment. This is a useful feature if you're trying to refine the time relationship between two chunks of audio. And less fiddly than using the mouse to move a chunk, when the move is tiny and the time relationship needs to be precise. Is this function already there somewhere in Acoustica, or could it be added?
Yes, we could add a nudge function to the clips in the multitrack session editor at least. I've added that to our task tracking system.
Bill Lane wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:04 pmAlso, in a multitrack assembly, I'm trying to figure out why the Split command (in the Clips menu) sometimes works to split a Clip at the Cursor insertion point, and other times, that option is greyed out in the Menu. It seems that when I double-click the Clip, and it opens in a new Tab, and I close the Tab, the Clip is then available to be Split. But this seems a little too complicated. Am I missing something?
Only selected clips will be split, so if you don't have any clips selected, the Split command will be grayed out.

Best,
Stian

FYI, numerical entry in the region and labels lists are implemented in version 7.3.10 that was released today.

Best,
Stian

Wow, that's great!

Return to “Acon Digital”