"Future Journey" ... [Trance]... --= feedback welcome =--

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My latest, a Trance track this time entitled "Future Journey".
Feedback welcome on arrangement, mixing, and anything else you might like to point out. :tu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zup-xjXgawI

Sounds good to me. Nice and wide, everything has it own space. In terms of arrangement maybe a bigger more dramatic build into 2:08 and 3:26.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

true to the genre with the hard hitting 4 on the floor kick, but the start/stop
nature in the composition killed any monotony. the sound choices had a good mix
of traditional and unique flavors that raised the bar for same ol trance.
production was exceptional as expected.
it was a journey well worth the time. good job. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This seems more varied than other trance tracks I've heard here. The production is excellent. Good job! :tu:

eassae wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:03 pm Sounds good to me. Nice and wide, everything has it own space. In terms of arrangement maybe a bigger more dramatic build into 2:08 and 3:26.
Thanks eassae for the feedback. Especially the space between elements; thats something I've been working on for a while. The transitions you mention could be a bit more spicy perhaps.
Cool website by the way.

Lovely production. I agree about having a more dramatic build up towards the end though. Saying that, it's still a very decent track as is :)

layzer wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:17 am true to the genre with the hard hitting 4 on the floor kick, but the start/stop
nature in the composition killed any monotony. the sound choices had a good mix
of traditional and unique flavors that raised the bar for same ol trance.
production was exceptional as expected.
it was a journey well worth the time. good job. :tu:
Thanks Layzer...
I was trying to keep the arrangement interesting, but I was concerned that putting too many changes in might break up the flow. But it seemed to work ok. Appreciate the comment.

Great track!

I'm very much a 1990s Trance listener and this goes back there for me with a much more varied and melody driven musical journey!

Production is very good indeed - soundstage is beautifully balanced (just don't ever be tempted to widen your mixes any further or you'll be in danger of leaving a central hole in the sound)! :)

Requiem Choir idea - works really well as a bit of contrast and is used with restraint (I'm not 100% onboard with the choir note choices, but they do work as they stand).

My only minor disappointment was at around 2 mins 18 secs - an amazing synth lead sound and melody drops in and then never quite develops for long enough maybe...wanted it to soar!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Frantz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:41 am This seems more varied than other trance tracks I've heard here. The production is excellent. Good job! :tu:
Thanks Frantz, appreciate the listen and comment. This is maybe the first time you commented and didn't alert me to something I had to improve. ; )

Bansaw wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:31 pm This is maybe the first time you commented and didn't alert me to something I had to improve. ; )
Songs with vocals leave more potential room for criticism. :wink:

Sounds great over here!

frank1985 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:06 pm Lovely production. I agree about having a more dramatic build up towards the end though. Saying that, it's still a very decent track as is :)
@frank - thanks for the listen and the comment, and the feedback on the end build up!
@Mark - thanks for you comments. Always appreciated.
I'm using StageOne. I really enjoy that, but its pretty easy to overdo it. Like other things such as Gullfoss - easy to overcook. I wish I had a better choir than Requiem. The sound is OK but the KOntakt instrument is poorly programmed imho.
Thanks for the tip about the synth lead melody. I'll play around with that see if there are better alternatives. Perhaps it could move in a more positive direction.
@vata - thanks too for listening and leaving a comment : )

Bansaw,
Thank you for reviewing my song! Your song sounds very good! Nice synth sounds and melodies. Nothing to gripe about. I think this song could work in a movie. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Nice video loops - enjoyed the music as well, of course. Sounds good.

Not a big listener of this sort of music but I enjoyed it. Has great flow and sounds. The mix is good and there is enough happening to keep me interested. Would work well in an action sequence for a film.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”