Refried Noise (Noise Therapy: Session 005)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wasn't really happy with my first pass on this one, so I replaced the sound sources used in that recording with audio players, then played chunks back through the same effects and routing, hence "Refried Noise."

The original recording was made with VST Speek reading text generated by Deep AI's text generator API, processed in various ways.

Most of the sound here is feedback + fx, though the source material does peek through occasionally. :)

Edit: the video is footage from the game Leechbowl by Kitty Horrorshow, processed with AcidCam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u7TWQRbNMU
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

an interesting listen..

sometimes it sounds like a digieridoo to me... strange :) :borg:
is there one?
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

that was awesome!
feel cleansed after that 8)

the video was cool too, more like an acid trip than the other one you used that on :hihi:
nice and eerie too, which thankfully, is less like an acid trip :lol: but the way things melted, that brought back vivid memories :ud:

and as tomtom says, bits do get very didge like :tu:

I beamed this over to the TV via Chromecast and turned the lights out. That was mega-creepy on a big-screen. Parts of the video seemed to recall the early shoot-em-ups, like Doom. I heard the digeridoo sound at approx 5:00, and earlier there was a section that reminded me of '77 TD (Sorcerer).

I played around with the Deep AI text generator, in the hope of writing some lyrics, but that was a no-go :D I think you put it to better use :)

I think the sonic and visual experiences were a great fit.

Good work :)

Interesting listen indeed! Enjoyed it.

Was there a swanee whistle in there...sounds just like one at times?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Apologies for the late replies here, time really got away from me this week. :help:
htcnext2 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:53 pm an interesting listen..
Thanks htcnext2!
tomtom1 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:05 pm sometimes it sounds like a digieridoo to me... strange :) :borg:
is there one?
Thanks for the comments! No digieridoos were harmed in the making of this recording. :) The low warbly bit making that sound is me playing with the delay in one of the feedback loops-- the unit has a knob to change the delay time, plus several buttons that set the range which go from really short times for flange/chorus stuff to the full 1 second range the unit can do, playing with those buttons can get some interesting stuff like that going on.
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:46 pm that was awesome!
feel cleansed after that 8)

the video was cool too, more like an acid trip than the other one you used that on :hihi:
nice and eerie too, which thankfully, is less like an acid trip :lol: but the way things melted, that brought back vivid memories :ud:
Thanks vurt! Glad you enjoyed the video, I thought this fit the atmosphere a bit more than going all-out like that other one. :lol:
seismic1 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:29 pm I beamed this over to the TV via Chromecast and turned the lights out. That was mega-creepy on a big-screen. Parts of the video seemed to recall the early shoot-em-ups, like Doom. I heard the digeridoo sound at approx 5:00, and earlier there was a section that reminded me of '77 TD (Sorcerer).

I played around with the Deep AI text generator, in the hope of writing some lyrics, but that was a no-go :D I think you put it to better use :)

I think the sonic and visual experiences were a great fit.

Good work :)
Thanks for the kind words! I'll definitely take the TD comparison. :D

The graphics in Kitty's games are indeed very reminiscent of early FPS's, there's another one that gave me big Blood vibes.

Lol, I was also hoping for some lyrics from the AI, but ended up with just some weird samples. :)
ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 pm Interesting listen indeed! Enjoyed it.

Was there a swanee whistle in there...sounds just like one at times?
Thanks ChameleonMusic! All of the sounds here that aren't the original synthesized voice samples are a result of feedback. There are 3 direct feedback loops at work here, and a couple that are "pseudo-feedback," where stuff is being sampled with fx, then played back through the same fx repeatedly. A lot of the sounds come from playing with EQ settings and delay times, and the fx being used in/on those feedback loops.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Return to “Music Cafe”