K13 upgrade drive: stuffed with un-named ISO's !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:dog: :x :roll:
Did the NI board take a vote on shipping the files without names? Was it a paranoid corporate master's decision? Didn't they suspect that some people would simply want to cherry-pick some of the new editions, without reinstalling all of the previous Komplete setup? Pity such great software get's muddled by
absurd management choices. (yeah, yeah, Native Access blah blah blah...I'd rather step in last week's roadkill than use Native Access :hihi: )

EDIT: Actually, this latest step into Native Access in linux went rather well. Kudos to the Native Access coders! So I'll eat the roadkill for now :scared: Kontakt, Reaktor, and several others updated OK, and a few of the installs (newer codebase?) didn't require fetching the iso from the supposedly failed download, and then mounting it to extract the installer) as is oft the case.
end EDIT

So instead of whining like a spoiled brat, I decided to start a list to help anyone else find some of the new or important files by either the first 5 numbers of the iso title, or by the size. I'm almost done extracting the iso's, so feel free to request something not yet on the list. I'm still looking for Super 8, Noire, and
Guitar Rig 6. :help: (don't have Ultimate, or Collector's version...I can only imagine THAT party :party: but feel free to post favorites, additions etc )

Noire______________3be32____14.6 gig
Kontakt____________68cff ___1.1 gig
Massive X__________41ce4 ___1.6 gig
Massive X lib_______0b408 ___94.8 mb
Cuba______________d67d5 ___ 2.7 gig
Modular Icons_______02325____3.8 gig
Komplete Kontrol___cf11c ___350 mb
Raum_____________f1e6f ___94 mb
Rising Crescent____96742 ___787 mb

PolyPlex__________52c1c ___442 mb
Monark___________b66-68 ___17 mb
Reaktor___________39232 ___206 mb
Reaktor Factory____f1131 ___491 mb
Blocks-Primes_____21911 ___35 mb
Blocks Base_______75cd0 ___15 mb
Replika__________618d2 ___ 262 mb
Absynth_________00b22 ____2.3 gig

Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

I finished unarchiving the update drive's un-named iso files, so I now I have named folders for each, containg the installers and content. There are some missing,
Guitar Rig 6, Super 8, Butch Vig Drums, Cloud Supply, and a couple Massive X expansions, Moebious and Mechanix. I was methodical in the unarchiving, starting with the smallest iso, ending with the largest, the Kontakt Factory Library.

If anyone else bought the boxed update with usb drive, and has those files, and posts their size, I'd enjoy finding out I just skipped over them :hyper:
Noire with the Guitar Rig effects is gonna be a hoot!
Cheers

The good news is the missing files were available from Native Access after I registered Komplete 13. I installed Super 8, Butch Vig Drums, and GR6, and will fill in the gaps as time allows. No eggshells were damaged in the quest for kompleteness, although many were danced upon. :hyper:

glokraw wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:34 pm The good news is the missing files were available from Native Access after I registered Komplete 13. I installed Super 8, Butch Vig Drums, and GR6, and will fill in the gaps as time allows. No eggshells were damaged in the quest for kompleteness, although many were danced upon. :hyper:
Glokraw did you do this in your Linux setup? :o

Yes, that's in Ubuntu studio 19.10. Reaper has been OK with wine and windows plugins for years, now. I had a win 7 setup a couple years ago for some software-ilok stragglers and no-brainer-priced sale gambles on izotope and the few other products whose lame reg schemes can't even find the very same internet connection used to buy their products :hihi: But alas, my win 7 drive died and a while a shop out by the bar-B-Q joint can fix it, it's low on the prioritie$. There's a recycler nearby that always has i5 win-10 setups with a terrabyte drive for $100-150, so I might get one to use for flashing firmware, and taming the few cool but lame stragglers.

When Native Access downloads an iso in linux, it often claims the download failed, when it's actually fine. And located in

/home/you/.wine/drive_c/users/you/Downloads

It just needs to be mounted and unarchived, for example, make a folder like 'test' in the /mnt folder, copy the iso there, and

sudo mount -t udf /mnt/test/Butch_Vig_Drums.iso -o unhide /mnt/test

which exposes the installer, which then works ok with the basic wine command:

wine "Butch Vig Drums 1.0.0 Setup PC.exe"

The NI codebase spans decades and with so many coders, linux installs are always a party. For example, Super 8 installed fine from Native Access, but some things require the extra steps.

Super-8-Ubuntu.png
KineticMetal-Ubuntu.png
K6-GR6-ubuntu.png

I really like NI products, and their demos seem generous, and lead to purchases. The un-named iso's on the drive just seemed so krazy to me. But I'll survive :hyper:
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bump: to mention I had to eat some words regarding Native Access in linux. It auto-updated itself OK, and then I used it to update Kontakt, Reaktor, Guitar Rig, and some others, and install some of the new K13 content, like Cuba, Noire,
Cloud Supply, and Butch_Vig_Drums.

I must say, the Noire Piano and it's entourage is wonderful
and captivating, makes practice a joy, and in Massive X, I found the Clean Strings acoustic guitar sound, the best such sound I've heard from any synth, a pleasure for trying to mimic the physics of guitar playing on a keyboard.

I think some people might find that having some favorite parts of Komplete in an audio-ready linux distro like AVlinux or Ubuntu Studio on an external drive, is a cheap and easy insurance policy against the ravages of time.
Cheers

Hi Glokraw which othwr sounds of Massive x is cool and what is Super8 like?

Hi, Super 8 sounds show off a lot of capability, many are masked by distracting over-the-top articulations, (a selling point for NI's demographic? ) but I'd say it can do Absynth highs, Monark lows, along with FM8, and Massive type sounds, which covers a lot of the possibilities. The overall EQ and reverb on the sounds seems different than I hear from U-he synths doing the same type of sounds, to be expected, but I doubt I'm a good source for technical aspects. There are some very brash sounds that remind me of Union, and some crystaline highs that are there in some Absynth sounds. And plenty of woof and thump. Better color/contrast selection on the gui would be welcome, but I look forward to using some sounds soon, Altered States, Bastille, and Bedazzled will be fun to work with. I'll check for some Massive_X sounds after my part of the cow gets cooked :wink:
Cheers

Here's some Massive X sounds I like, some are unique at least in my limited experience, and some are just nice versions of typical sounds found in many synths. There are some nice sounds not mentioned, from which I'd like to unearth the basics, lot's of wonky envelopes and pointless modulations just get in the way. Makes me feel as old as I look :hihi: Someone good at unsynthesis could wade through the (massivex) preset collection, and create some new and musical soundsets :hyper:
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”