Should I get Diva if I already have Synthmaster?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know they're very different, but Synthmaster fills a similar sonic niche that I feel Diva would as well. How unique would you say it really is?

When you already have Synthmaster (which one?), I doubt you'll benefit from Diva or Hive 2 or any such synth that you might open a similar thread on :D

Just listen to your GAS: If it want it, it want it, differences notwithstanding. Are you gonna torture yourself with rationalizations or will you let go and lose yourself happily?
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Yes, always buy when in a doubt!

If you don't already know the answer to that question then, no, you don't need Diva.

Passing Bye wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:45 pm Yes, always buy when in a doubt!
If in doubt, fork it out :hihi:

:lol:

SynthMaster has not focused on detailed analog modeling so far, so I'd say as the developer of SynthMaster, yes you should certainly get Diva, you won't be disappointed :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Yes
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Yes.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

kv331 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:46 am SynthMaster has not focused on detailed analog modeling so far, so I'd say as the developer of SynthMaster, yes you should certainly get Diva, you won't be disappointed :)
Best and most friendly reply ever :tu:

You should always get Diva, whatever synth you already have :)

In the case of Synthmaster, I wouldn't say it fills a "similar sonic niche". While SM can do a lot of things, Diva is specifically made to sound analog, and it does so very well.

But kv331 has already said that, and it should be the best indicator :tu:
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

Yes

kv331 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:46 am SynthMaster has not focused on detailed analog modeling so far, so I'd say as the developer of SynthMaster, yes you should certainly get Diva, you won't be disappointed :)
:hug:

If money is no issue, the question is pointless, anyway.
But if you are tight on money, you may indeed have to ask yourself, which of the two makes more sense for my needs? Unless kv331 has totally screwed up re "analog modelled zero delay feedback filters" and "With advanced filter parameters like input gain, drive and acid, you can get that "analog" sound from the filters!"(from their site), I am sure Synthmaster gets at least 85-90% on an analog authenticity scale whereby Diva marks 100% (when only comparing these two; others are beyond 100% by now, so to speak 8) ).
When playing a single patch, good ears may hear the difference, but in the mix I doubt Synthmaster can't equally convince the listener. A lot depends on sound design.

My only problem with Synthmaster would be the GUI, frankly.

Return to “Instruments”