Komplete 12 vs Komplete 13

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some more info regarding Win7:

I've successfully installed the demos of Massive X, Guitar Rig 6 and Raum - all of which list Win10 as required in their specs. Unfortunately there's no demo for Super 8. Kontakt 6 specs list Win7 specifically, same with Reaktor.

The funny thing is, that even Absynth, FM8 and (original) Massive list Win10 only...
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

dreamkeeper wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:28 pm Some more info regarding Win7:

I've successfully installed the demos of Massive X, Guitar Rig 6 and Raum - all of which list Win10 as required in their specs. Unfortunately there's no demo for Super 8. Kontakt 6 specs list Win7 specifically, same with Reaktor.

The funny thing is, that even Absynth, FM8 and (original) Massive list Win10 only...
surprised they still specify win7 on anything tbh, since it's been dropped by ms, most companies have stopped offering any support for it.

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:31 pm surprised they still specify win7 on anything tbh, since it's been dropped by ms, most companies have stopped offering any support for it.
Well, yeah... Thing is, nobody expects "support" for Win7 anyway. Just actively preventing from installing is a dick move imo - they should let the users decide, if they're willing to take the risk. At least make it very clear what the "requirements" really mean and not make us jump through hoops to find out.

yeah totally preventing it, especially stuff that worked before is shitty.
newer stuff it makes a bit more sense.

the problem i guess is, you're sensible enough to not expect support, id imagine not everyone is like you, and it would create more support enquiries, which then takes up support time

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:54 pm the problem i guess is, you're sensible enough to not expect support, id imagine not everyone is like you, and it would create more support enquiries, which then takes up support time
Could be, yes. I always tend to think: if I can suss it out, everybody can. Maybe I'm expecting too much from my fellow humans, oh well...

nachenko wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:14 pm
megadude wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:47 pm Komplete 13's upgrades still work on Catalina on a mac? Or do I need Big Sur? Thank you.
Everything will work fine in Catalina, don't worry.
And since not much is different than 12, I assume the same goes for Mojave?

Reaktor and Battery both work fine for me in Big Sur on an Intel Mac. I suppose there must be some reason they’re not yet certified, but I haven’t run into any problems.
Stormchild

macmuse wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:49 pm
nachenko wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:14 pm
megadude wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:47 pm Komplete 13's upgrades still work on Catalina on a mac? Or do I need Big Sur? Thank you.
Everything will work fine in Catalina, don't worry.
And since not much is different than 12, I assume the same goes for Mojave?
Of course it runs fine on Mojave here. They have to support Mojave for some years to come. Anybody still needing 32-bit software/plugins can only use it up to Mojave. Professionals only upgrade if they are forced to. Never change a winning team!
I hope that Parallels or VM-ware will run in Rosetta, that would be a way to preserve old software on new computers… Apple has to support Intel code at least until they replaced their complete line to the Arm architecture…

dreamkeeper wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:42 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:31 pm surprised they still specify win7 on anything tbh, since it's been dropped by ms, most companies have stopped offering any support for it.
Well, yeah... Thing is, nobody expects "support" for Win7 anyway. Just actively preventing from installing is a dick move imo - they should let the users decide, if they're willing to take the risk. At least make it very clear what the "requirements" really mean and not make us jump through hoops to find out.
The issue with that is that everyone installing on Windows, even if it's unsupported, still expects full support when he/she is installing the software on that system.

Probably best to prevent that by making an installer check. After all, people can read before they buy that Windows 7 is not supported.

Hi, is the upgrade to 13 ultimate CE from 12 ultimate worth it....? or worth waiting for 14 when its out...
thanks

thanks for that chk071..

Its not a huge update from 12>13, there are a few new synths in there, but nothing that jumps out as a must have IMO.
stay on 12 untill 14 comes out if i were you..
However if yoru into movie stuff, the new orch stuff they have is decent..

missed this one, didnt get paid properly last week, will not have money until 2nd July... ended 30th June.. damn..
tonymax wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:14 am thanks for that chk071..

Now if I had a hunch whether Komplete 14 will be coming out this year, the "East Asia" purchasing decision would be a lot easier...

Return to “Instruments”