Why you left Ableton?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:09 pm
mcbpete wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:54 pm Yeah about the same for me - Each takes a little under a second to load, the Wavetable (possibly) taking the longest of the three
Is this on a freshly reset computer and freshly launched Live?
Aye - first boot of live after restarting Windows. I've an SSD as well if that makes any odds speed wise - Though I don't remember wavetable taking too much longer in Ableton 10 on my old machine that had a hybrid spinning/SSD drive

mcbpete wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:53 pm
mcbpete wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:54 pm Yeah about the same for me - Each takes a little under a second to load, the Wavetable (possibly) taking the longest of the three
Aye - first boot of live after restarting Windows. I've an SSD as well if that makes any odds speed wise - Though I don't remember wavetable taking too much longer in Ableton 10 on my old machine that had a hybrid spinning/SSD drive
Thanks. I'm also on SSD, so that shouldn't be the difference.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

No idea, very odd - I can see Cubase on your desktop, I blame that ;-)
Wait for b5 to drop (its RC) and hope that cures it (it has a max update I think)?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:59 pmNo idea, very odd - I can see Cubase on your desktop, I blame that ;-)
Possibly, although because of the dongle that I've stashed somewhere in the closed I barely ever use it :shrug:
SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:59 pmWait for b5 to drop (its RC) and hope that cures it (it has a max update I think)?
Let's hope! :tu:
Music tech enthusiast

Serhii Kot wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:41 pm Mac Mini M1, loads instantly. Wavetable maybe 1-2 sec.
SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:42 pm Definitely not normal.

I am on a pretty old i7 (3370K 3.5Ghz) with SSD on Win 10 and wavetable synth is almost instant, the other two pretty fast, certainly less than a second each with a pre-set.
After reboot as you asked.

SLiC wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:59 pmWait for b5 to drop (its RC) and hope that cures it (it has a max update I think)?
No improvement with 11.0.5b5 :(

I've sent a bug report to support. They're very fast recently, so hopefully they'll have a clue what's happening.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:46 am
No improvement with 11.0.5b5 :(

I've sent a bug report to support. They're very fast recently, so hopefully they'll have a clue what's happening.
Fingers crossed, very weird, never seen anyone else post this issue either.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:25 amFingers crossed, very weird, never seen anyone else post this issue either.
Well, it might well be that pesky Cubase :(
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:26 am
SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:25 amFingers crossed, very weird, never seen anyone else post this issue either.
Well, it might well be that pesky Cubase :(
Couple of long shots...

Options.txt or preferences files etc files (stuff that stays even if you delete and reinstall...) - manually delete?

Deselect all controllers in case its trying to map the device to somethings?

SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:00 pm Couple of long shots...

Options.txt or preferences files etc files (stuff that stays even if you delete and reinstall...) - manually delete?

Deselect all controllers in case its trying to map the device to somethings?
Thanks, but:
- no, haven't been using options.txt since v10 (and it's definitely not there)
- it was already happening when I had no controllers set up (& still happens now with Push2)

:(
Music tech enthusiast

They were on the slow side for me, maybe 2-3 seconds, but nothing extraordinary. I'd guess Hybrid Reverb loading the list of impulses. W10, i7-6700/NVMe SSD.

Not a fan of the way 12 looks at all. Its not even Ableton anymore. It started when they would switch around the clip/sample parameters in 11. Then just flat out gave them a botched face lift.
Yeah not sure what has been going on there, but there simple easy GUI is now a cluster f**k.
I'll stay on 10. Started with 3, then eventually wanted midi so upgraded to 8. Shit even 9 was more stable than 11.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Wait for 13.
It will change everything

^^^ yepp, then its name will be AI, and it will play music for itself.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

There's no possible way to please everybody. To me Ableton 12 looks cleaner, prettier, faster, leaner, more efficient, better and more organized than any previous version. Many people would agree with me. And it performs better. And the new features are amazing. It's a MIDI powerhouse now.

Shame it's not for you. Ableton 10 still a great version of the software, keep up.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”