List of your favourite sounds/presets (give examples)

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

juno987654321 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:38 pm OK, so I made a patch in Serum now as well and I tried my best to make it sound like the sound in the song. What's your verdict? Can it be improved? How? :D
I'm not sure about that FM from Osc B. At 52% it adds some crackling noise.
Using 7 unison voices makes the sound a bit too synthetic, like supersaw. It would help if you increase the phase randomization. That will reduce the phasing effect with unison.
Pitch modulation with delayed LFO, like CHOOS showed in his video, helps to add some life. And envelopes can be tweaked also a bit to emphasize the attack. Modulating the filter, envelope and WT shape with velocity can make the patch more dynamic and organic.
I tweaked your patch quite a lot and here is the result for comparison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I just saw your reply before bedtime. Thank you! I'm very curious already. Will check it out tomorrow and study it!
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

There are some interesting elements in your patch that add life to the sound and make it velocity sensitive.
This makes it closer to the FM brass patch and it is an interesting patch of its own.
I also added the sustain to env1 and 2 and also some hold etc. This makes it even more brassy and it is definately very useful! The envelopes seem very important for this patch.

Still, with that chorus in Serum I'm just not content. :x
I still prefer unison instead of chorus to make this sound thicker. I know there's the thin line to messing up the patch then and making it sound more like a simple supersaw.
I think you're right when you pointed this out. It's a clear disadvantage with such an approach. I did add the randomization to counter the clicks, though...

Overall I'm very happy with all that new input from discussing this patch a bit. :tu:

So I've found to some own mixture that brings it all together now.
Despite it being very interesting to see how to make such a patch sensitive to velocity (as with DX7 patches) in its manifold ways, I didn't take over too much of it for my patch in this special case, because if the patch gets too sensitive to how hard I hit the key it just won't work for me in practice any more as I play and this song itself doesn't need too much dynamic variation in that, does it? These are some factors that the individual keyboard player always has to tweak to own preferences :D and in other songs it may be really necessary if in the song itself such dynamic variation is more obvious.
C'mon, there must be something that you do in your life besides sleeping or working? And then for the first time he was really thinking and what did he reply: I watch TV!

This arp melody from Scooter - No Fate sounds really great. Can we make something like this?

Best heard from 02:58-03:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdI7b14lDOs

^Yay, my favorite Scooter (borrowed) song! :hyper: :hyper:

hinson wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:58 pm This arp melody from Scooter - No Fate sounds really great. Can we make something like this?
That arp has three sounds playing the same arp pattern. The notes are easy to figure out in DAW by slowing down the original track. The arp starts with a low-pass filtered saw pluck type of sound, filter opening gradually. Then a high-pass detuned unison saw is added. And finally another saw pluck an octave higher with even more detuned unison. That is a starting point. There are many details, like envelopes and filter cutoffs, that can be finetuned to get closer to the original Scooter sound.
In the last sound I used some pitch modulation from LFO at about 16 Hz + PM from noise osc to make the sound more screechy.
Here is an example recreated using Diva + Hive2 + MassiveX (the three sound in that order):
https://soundcloud.com/user-533108332-4 ... 2-massivex
Effects used: NI Raum + NI Replika XT

You have obtained a very good result. Even the Pizzicato sounds almost like the original. Can you do some video tutorial?
The position of the notes is not a problem. You can find the complete midi file of this song on the internet.

juno987654321 wrote: the "whamm / bam / tsang" sound :box:
HAHAHA I know which sound you mean but it's like that other sound from another thread where it's been sampled in the past from multiple sources so I wouldn't know where to start to recreate it but I think I can hear a vocal and a brassy sound but I'm sure there's probably 4 or so layers in it
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Oh no, not again!
Now I'm crying on the floor weeping. Can't even find a smilie to express my feelings.
Where can I find a proper weepie now?...

Does anyone recognize the multitude of samples that have been mixed together here?

Edit:

I just read through this again:
CHOOS wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:03 pm I think I can hear a vocal...
Choos, I could kill you for this remark right now! :D
Last edited by juno987654321 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bluesawsq wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:51 pm ...
Really nice and interesting example!
But I've asked myself why you used so many plugins rather than just one? Was there a special reason or was it just to not get bored with one plugin? You used 3 tracks, didn't you? But you could have used any of these plugins thrice? :?:

CHOOS wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:03 pm I think I can hear a vocal...
juno987654321 wrote: Choos, I could kill you for this remark right now! :D
hihihi
juno987654321 wrote: But you could have used any of these plugins thrice? :?:
That is correct
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Favorite presets
That quack sound I was looking for turned out to be a heavily tweaked and modded tenor saxophone from an SC-55 with stuff like resonance, cutoff, and attack modified.
M1 Collection 2 Piano 8’ and (KLC patch) Boost Sub Bass and Gamelan and Melody Bells and tons of other stuff
Triton lots of stuff
SGM drum kits
Sound Canvas VA lots
But stuff I use constantly
Triton Strato-Chime with Chorus/Delay changed to Stereo Symphonic Chorus
M1 House Piano
M1 Gamelan and percussion and drum kits from the plugin’s KLC patches
PSR-3000 Electric Kit
Triton VS Bell Boy
S-50 Synth 2 & Synth 3
PSR-3000 Finger Bass
PSR-3000 Reso Bass
PSR-3000 Techno Brass
Pretty much tons of others from that stuff
I just like any old ROMpler and sample stuff
But synthesize sounds
My custom Synth1 sounds
Dexed stuff from DX7 factory and 3rd party OG soundbanks
PG8X Stab Brass and Syn-Bells
K1v lots
Hybrid synth leads and stuff
Massive
Vacuum Pro
Virtual CZ
Full Bucket synths thanks Full Bucket Music for making such awesome stuff
Any listed with just the name I pretty much find useful in general when making my own sounds
Hypersonic synth patches but I also like the ROMpler stuff in it too
And other sample based stuff
I just like Kontakt libraries and stuff imitating old ROMplers
But favorite plugins would be
Kontakt 6
Massive
Hypersonic 2
Korg Collection 2
Roland Sound Canvas VA
Hybrid 3
Vacuum Pro
Synth1
Dexed
Nils’ K1v
FB-3100
FB-3200
FB-3300
Nabla
Xpand!2
Fury-800 (please make a Fury-61 Full Bucket I’d love it for some 80’s niceness)
Kontakt libraries
And tons more I just like using various plugins
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

never been interested of recreating sounds,but if somebody give me basic presets of these two amazing bass lines,could make interesting modifications or even something more dynamic :)
Cheers :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSWGFEWaa2Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3jn3lkzAMg

He he. Another admirer of Scooter's producers here.

I think here's a very difficult one:

the leadsynth in The Logical Song:

Starts at 0:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxTa1AUqps

There is some smoothness in the high octave notes, which reminds me more about a string than a supersaw.
Bastards! :wink:

not looking for anyone to do the patch for me, just sharing a sound that is a bit awesome 8)
https://youtu.be/QXLaNeyffzQ

that squelchy bass synth is lovely!!!

Return to “Sound Design”