This is what Toyah Wilcox & her husband get up to during lockdown (Warning You might get distracted by her top)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

+10000

nirm123 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:16 pm what is also sad is that their age is such an issue in this thread,
My first comment.....
Teksonik wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:40 pm As much fun as Toyah is to ogle it's painful to listen to these videos...... :?
Had nothing to do with age just the fact that her voice and his playing have deteriorated. It's painful to watch someone whose talent is not what it used to be whether they are a musician or an aging athlete.

I'm as old as Toyah and I can tell you that as I have aged my ability to play guitar has deteriorated a great deal. I can no longer put in the long hours of practice needed to retain any level of proficiency without physical pain from repetition.

I think it's great that Toyah still dresses sexy and she's still smoking hot especially for our age just for me it's painful to listen to them since the effects of aging hits so close to home.

The real sadness is that at certain points in our lives we have to face the fact that we can no longer do what we used to love. I can no longer play basketball or football and while I still lift weights several days a week I struggle to maintain my strength as I age.

It's an inevitable part of life.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There is a major difference between objective changes happening to your body & voice vs the unreal expectations of modern society from men but much more so, from women.

Sure that I agree that you're losing some abilities with age, but (and it's important for artists) you're also gaining (hopefully) some wisdom and obviously you're gaining experience with years, so even if you're voice knew better days, being 63 shouldn't be relevant.

I wasn't referring to objective changes age brings, I was referring to the subjective phenomenon of putting down people since they dare getting old (35 is considered old these days, 63...is...ridiculous for some people, just read some of the messages in this thread).

Women in Hollywood start suffering from this in their early 30s, Bottoks is now going strong for very young women even at 25, and some of the comments Toyha is getting regarding her age, have NOTHING to do with the inevitable parts of getting old(er), but purely with agism.

nirm123 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:44 pm

Women in Hollywood start suffering from this in their early 30s, Bottoks is now going strong for very young women even at 25, and some of the comments Toyha is getting regarding her age, have NOTHING to do with the inevitable parts of getting old(er), but purely with agism.

That's nothing compared to South Korea. Children of the affluent go under the knife sometimes as young as 9th grade and sometimes younger. And it's not just would be pop stars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjeEFw4LF6g

As for ageism it's everywhere and not limited by sex or career. You wouldn't believe the amount of jobs denied me even though I was fully qualified simply because they thought I was too old.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

nirm123 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:44 pm

I wasn't referring to objective changes age brings, I was referring to the subjective phenomenon of putting down people since they dare getting old (35 is considered old these days, 63...is...ridiculous for some people, just read some of the messages in this thread).

It starts a lot younger in Korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSAoETxubSI
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

:tu:
Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:56 pm
nirm123 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:16 pm what is also sad is that their age is such an issue in this thread,
My first comment.....
Teksonik wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:40 pm As much fun as Toyah is to ogle it's painful to listen to these videos...... :?
Had nothing to do with age just the fact that her voice and his playing have deteriorated. It's painful to watch someone whose talent is not what it used to be whether they are a musician or an aging athlete.

I'm as old as Toyah and I can tell you that as I have aged my ability to play guitar has deteriorated a great deal. I can no longer put in the long hours of practice needed to retain any level of proficiency without physical pain from repetition.

I think it's great that Toyah still dresses sexy and she's still smoking hot especially for our age just for me it's painful to listen to them since the effects of aging hits so close to home.

The real sadness is that at certain points in our lives we have to face the fact that we can no longer do what we used to love. I can no longer play basketball or football and while I still lift weights several days a week I struggle to maintain my strength as I age.

:tu: +1000,000.000
Why the hell did I come back to this God forsaken forum? :dog:

tbh, i don't think toyah cares what any of us think :shrug:
she's having fun, they both look like they are.
i hope i can still be that happy when i go bald.

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:33 pm :tu:
My first comment.....

It's an inevitable part of life that the body changes with age.
Agism isn't an inevitable part of life, it's something we should fight and shouldn't accept and it's not justified in anyway.

There is a huge difference between these two.

Agism now days (as a previous poster has mentioned) starts very early on, when the body/voice is still at its peak.

Nothing wrong with saying "meh, her voice isn't what it used to be 40 years ago".

My first comment.....

I wish my skills were as good as Fripp’s degraded skills.

https://youtu.be/ZJq5ZGONyu0
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:48 pm tbh, i don't think toyah cares what any of us think :shrug:
Exactomundo :tu:

nirm123 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:02 pm
Henry Jimdrix wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:33 pm :tu:
My first comment.....

It's an inevitable part of life that the body changes with age.
Agism isn't an inevitable part of life, it's something we should fight and shouldn't accept and it's not justified in anyway.

There is a huge difference between these two.

Agism now days (as a previous poster has mentioned) starts very early on, when the body/voice is still at its peak.

Nothing wrong with saying "meh, her voice isn't what it used to be 40 years ago".
Never mentioned Toyah's age I will be 53 Next month so why would I.

To me the age perception thing is a pain. I'm not interested in 20 yr old girls, but they are in me,
because they perceive me to be quite a bit younger than I am. Girls closer to my age are not interested
for the same reason. You just can't win...

When you get a bit older you won't be saying that.

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:14 am When you get a bit older you won't be saying that.
How old do you have to be, I'm only 2 yrs younger than you. (prob 1.5 yrs actually)

*I guess maybe where I live, there are not a ton of single middle ground girls around.
I suppose when that middle ground increases a bit, I might be in a better spot.
Mostly, I'd rather just stay at home, make music with my toys and smoke weed.
It's a lot less hassle. And something I can afford easily since my money is my own
(which is super convenient actually :lol: ).

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:46 am
vurt wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:48 pm tbh, i don't think toyah cares what any of us think :shrug:
Exactomundo :tu:
so come on, whats she been up to?
any more boob action?

Return to “Guitars”