Anyone still use Dune 1 on newer Macbooks and OSX?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

Does anyone still use Dune 1 on newer Macbooks and OSX? I love Dune 1 more than Dune 2 and Dune 3 for various reasons.

I'm currently using Dune 1 on Logic Pro X 10.4.1 and macOS Mojave on a Macbook Pro 13 inch Mid 2012.

Thinking about buying a new Macbook Pro and thinking if any of the newer Logic Pro X and Macbook versions still support Dune 1 on Mac?

Anyone with insights?

not on mac but on windows. love dune 1 more than 2 and 3 myself. the computer music version though mind you, but still the same synth minus the effects plus fewer modulation slots. great synth. ENV| made two fantastic skins for v1. look it up here on kvr
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I haven't used DUNE 1 since DUNE 2 came out and I haven't used DUNE 2 since DUNE 3 came out. Each version is superior to the last in my opinion.

I somehow doubt DUNE 1 would work on newer Macs since the OS has a tendency to break things with each update and how many updates have their been to Mac OS since 2012 ?

You might try posting your question at the Synapse forums as the developers are far more likely to see it there.

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/index.p ... a0d849ea07
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

dasen wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:11 am I love Dune 1 more than Dune 2 and Dune 3 for various reasons.
:tu:

I love DUNE 1...

I know that the newer versions have better specs,but there are some things about the original that just make it "work"...

An updated version with WT import,a resizeable GUI and some new filters and effects would be cool,but leave the workflow alone because it's a winner :party:
No auto tune...

dasen wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:11 am Hey,

Does anyone still use Dune 1 on newer Macbooks and OSX? I love Dune 1 more than Dune 2 and Dune 3 for various reasons.

I'm currently using Dune 1 on Logic Pro X 10.4.1 and macOS Mojave on a Macbook Pro 13 inch Mid 2012.

Thinking about buying a new Macbook Pro and thinking if any of the newer Logic Pro X and Macbook versions still support Dune 1 on Mac?

Anyone with insights?
If it's running on Mojave, then it's 64-bit. It should run on an M1 Mac, but it will be through Rosetta only.

Maybe if you ask nicely, they'll recompile it for ARM 64? :hihi:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Mojave can still run 32-bit...

Dune v1 is a legacy product, no longer for sale, no longer supported (they will just tell you to upgrade)

its pot luck if it works on new macs, prob some workarounds....

As far as I know, Logic Pro X doesn't support 32bit plugins. So as long it works fine with 10.4.1, it should also work with the newest Pro X version.

Beside of that, it's not clear if it's run on Big Sur. Even plugins that work on Catalina, not necessary work flawless on Big Sur.

But that's only my experience with VST plugins, maybe with AU plugins it is different....

So if Dune 1 won't run, you won't upgrade your computer? That's a pretty tough requirement, if you really want to make it dependant on that...

I doubt anyone is using Dune 1 on M1 and is there actual Dune 1 demo installer available for someone that actually want to help you?

You could also use Dune CM, which is on every Computer Music issue's file content.

So one that have M1 should go and buy CM issue, than go hunt for download of Dune and finally find out should dasen buy M1, think only EnGee is that awesome.
EnGee wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:01 am
Have time to help the brother out? :hug:

Passing Bye wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:39 pm
EnGee wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:01 am
Have time to help the brother out? :hug:
Sure I would like to help. I do have CM with Dune 1 but not sure if it has AU. I will try in the morning and report back.

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:47 am Mojave can still run 32-bit...
Ufff... I'm off by a release. :dog: :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Instruments”